By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Fit will win Black Friday

FishyJoe said:

I'll go on the record and say I think that Wii Fit will win the week of Black Friday and set new records. I believe that not only has Nintendo been stock piling, but retailers have been stock piling as well. Wii Fit is the golden ticket that will lure customers into the stores and retailers know this. Half the battle for the Black Friday shopper is getting the customer to go to your store first. So retailers will use Wii Fit to as their bait.

Wii Fit isn't something that is being stock piled.  It isn't something that is stock piled like Wii's and Xbox 360 Arcade units.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
If you can find a Wii Fit, it's a deal. It's still selling out at its current price. It doesn't need a price drop. Same with the Wii.

Many other games will sell tons as well, but none will match Wii Fit.

I don't think you understand that no company is stocking games in the back no matter how big they are.  The only thing getting stocked is the systems and the associated bundling stuff.

Last week (14 Nov.), Wii Fit was worldwide #4 behind the two versions of Call of Duty (in their release week) and Gear of War (in its second week). Since those games will be in weeks #3 and #4 for Black Friday, respectively, I think this is a safe bet.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Fishy Joe was right.
Wii Fit saw a pretty big increase this week, and will be the top selling game worldwide after Wii Sports. :)

This is invisible text!

Take that, non-believers?

I'm honestly kind of shellshocked. That wasn't even close to full stock, I don't think, but only because retailers have to ration this damn thing out in the run up to Christmas. It may push similar numbers every week through all of December.

Around the Network

I thought it would sell more LOL! Oh well, it still won rather convincingly. Depending on supply, it should remain #1 throughout the holidays.

CoD WaW sold more than I thought and Mario Kart sold less. It will be interesting to see how NPD compares, especially MK.

^lol

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Great prediction FishyJoe, congratulations.

Now if only I could find one for my girlfriend. (I didn't even bother trying)

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

thx1139 said:
Dont think WiiFit will win Black Friday. What Black Friday is all about (forget the reason it is called Black Friday) is what do retailers do to lure in customers to get a head start on the holiday sales. With that in mind if you check out http://bfads.net/ to see what retailers are advertising for Black Friday you wont find much advertising about Wii Fit. Video game wise the 360 is the big drawing card this year.

Last year was really about the Wii. The retailers were simply advertising that they will have Wii's available on Black Friday because of the scarce nature of availability last year. This year that isnt the case and because the Wii is still selling incredibly retailers wont discount it. So this year it is the 360 that is the drawing card.

Looks like your theories have been totally disproven.