By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - predictions of ff13 first day sales

I'm including all day one regions... Obviously, we won't know if I'm right until it hits Europe and NA.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

japans opening week since this will be where it gets first released will be over a million units and hopefully the ps3 hardware will top 100,000 units that week in japan

Every FF since VIII sold over 1,5m copies first day in Japan alone. I can´t see how it won´t reach 2m copies worldwide first day.

kunaixhaku said:

im gna guess 8 million multiplatform with more on the ps3.

lol

Khuutra said:
twesterm said:
You people are crazy. The game isn't going to break 1 million first day.

JRPG's are a dieing breed and I'm glad the Final Fantasy series isn't immune from that. That series and all of its spinoffs (FFVII remakes in particular) have been riding the FF name for years and have been getting worse and worse.

I actually hope this game does poorly so it will actually encourage SE to try and make good games again. Not just say here's Sephirth!!! or it's like Cloud, but a chick. Buy our game lol.

Twesterm

You're cool and all, I like the way you wear your hat

And you're a mod so you're a bigger force in these here parts

But even casual repeated slanderings of FFXII is fightin' words.

Ayway, back on-topic, there is no telling how this game will sell day one. Are we just looking at the Japan launch? Are we aligning all launches, everywhere? What are the criteria here?

worldwide first day

Around the Network

first day worldwide- ps3: 3 million (1.5 million easily in japan), 360: ???