By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - predictions of ff13 first day sales

im gna guess 8 million multiplatform with more on the ps3.

Around the Network

8 million on first day? A little optimistic aren't we?

FFXII only sold a little over 5 million total you know.

got high hopes i guess lol

Lol.

Anyway, I'd go with 1-1.5 mil first day for PS3, 1 mil for 360. So 2-2.5 mil overall. You must understand how small the install base is compared to the PS2 days. However, at the same time its being released on 2 software selling consoles.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Yeah I think 8M is about right.

Around the Network

Pass some of those drugs over this way.

I say 2.5 million optimistically.

You people are crazy. The game isn't going to break 1 million first day.

JRPG's are a dieing breed and I'm glad the Final Fantasy series isn't immune from that. That series and all of its spinoffs (FFVII remakes in particular) have been riding the FF name for years and have been getting worse and worse.

I actually hope this game does poorly so it will actually encourage SE to try and make good games again. Not just say here's Sephirth!!! or it's like Cloud, but a chick. Buy our game lol.

twesterm said:
You people are crazy. The game isn't going to break 1 million first day.

JRPG's are a dieing breed and I'm glad the Final Fantasy series isn't immune from that. That series and all of its spinoffs (FFVII remakes in particular) have been riding the FF name for years and have been getting worse and worse.

I actually hope this game does poorly so it will actually encourage SE to try and make good games again. Not just say here's Sephirth!!! or it's like Cloud, but a chick. Buy our game lol.

Twesterm

You're cool and all, I like the way you wear your hat

And you're a mod so you're a bigger force in these here parts

But even casual repeated slanderings of FFXII is fightin' words.

Ayway, back on-topic, there is no telling how this game will sell day one. Are we just looking at the Japan launch? Are we aligning all launches, everywhere? What are the criteria here?

I think it will do 1-1.5m on day one. Not quite as pessimistic as twesterm, but I think he's on the right track. JRPGs just don't have the draw they used to. FFXIII has the name and multiplatform to help it along, though.

PS. I'm including Japan's day one in those numbers.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Is that Japan alone, rocketpig? Or included with the NA/Others launch?

This topic is not specific enough!

Rabble?

Rabble rabble rabble!