By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft's Xbox 360 Surges Ahead of the Competition

These is a lot of fail in this thread. I hardly no where to begin. I think blatant propaganda needs to get a poster a trip into the penalty box especially after it has been factually proven false. A great many of these posters are not ignorant. They are just intent on spreading lies, and that is trolling in itself. I do not care where you stand on the issue lying to other community members means you are disrespecting them.

1. Posters that lambasted the installs on the PS3 did not lambaste the ability to install. They lambasted the fact that there were a great many mandatory installs. The owners were not asked to install they were forced to install. Which used up the precious space they purchased. That space is for the customers use. Not for the developers use. Giving the player the option is one thing. Forcing them is another thing entirely. Yes it is still a rotten thing to do, and Sony should stop developers from doing so.

2. Once again for the millionth time the 360 does not need a hard drive, a wireless adapter, or a special cord. The 360 comes with a better then satisfactory cord with over twenty feet of give. I have a HDTV, and the picture is perfectly fine. You need a hard drive for less then five percent of games on the console. Hell as others have said the hard drive is incredibly cheap now. Yes cheaper then a decent memory card. I guarantee you that most Wii owners wish they had things this good. Finally the vast majority of gamers do not have wireless networks in their homes. A cord is a default option that works for everybody. That means most consumers save money rather then most consumers have to buy additional hardware. Wireless is a luxury purchase not a necessity. Everyone needing to get on is more important then the luxury of a minority.

3. The Wii is not being ignored it is just becoming less relevant. The Wii is not merely more casual it is very casual. Core gamers those that talk about games are not typically casual. They discuss what interests them. Perhaps if Nintendo actually gets around to delivering a decent first party offering of core titles that will change. That said the Wii is fading into the background, because their is nothing to say. Right now talking about the Wii is like watching paint dry. Whether you like the console or not there is nothing happening. There is a difference between ignoring something, and forgetting about it entirely. Which is what a lot of posters are doing they are forgetting something that is not newsworthy.

4. Elegant is an entirely subjective turn. The Apollo space craft many would argue was elegant. That did not mean that one didn't vaporize on the landing pad, and another one did not blow itself half to pieces. Quality and elegance are not necessarily the same thing. Neither is elegance, and effectiveness. A Panzer tank was elegant for its time. However from what I understand it was hell to maintain.
There are parts of the 360 I would consider elegant, and other parts I would consider not elegant. This is really in the eye of the beholder. You cannot say someone is wrong anymore then you can someone is right.

Around the Network

Bruce is right the 360 is having a great year, games and sales wise, [people called the price cut desperation I called it smart buisness move and clearly was. It has sent sales rising and will make it the number two seller for christmas. Say what you want the deal with Netflix, the new NXE, great games, low price have made the 360 look like very good.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Dodece said:
3. The Wii is not being ignored it is just becoming less relevant. The Wii is not merely more casual it is very casual. Core gamers those that talk about games are not typically casual. They discuss what interests them. Perhaps if Nintendo actually gets around to delivering a decent first party offering of core titles that will change. That said the Wii is fading into the background, because their is nothing to say. Right now talking about the Wii is like watching paint dry. Whether you like the console or not there is nothing happening. There is a difference between ignoring something, and forgetting about it entirely. Which is what a lot of posters are doing they are forgetting something that is not newsworthy.

Dodece, Bruce didn't ignore the Wii.  The OP did.  Bruce talks about the Wii, and that it's obviously doing better than the 360.  lanjiaona left pieces of his article out.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

@Hawk

I was not referring to the original post. I was responding to the thread in general. Every time recently that their has been a thread about the 360 or the PS3. There always has to be someone who tries to drag the Wii into the discussion, or imply that it is a conspiracy when ever discussion does not include the Wii.

Well there is no conspiracy. All that is really happening is that some loyalist is distraught that the conversation keeps moving away from their console. Well the conversation should omit the Wii until there is something to talk about. That is total fail in my book. Stop derailing threads by mentioning something that is totally irrelevant.

Dodece said:
@Hawk

I was not referring to the original post. I was responding to the thread in general. Every time recently that their has been a thread about the 360 or the PS3. There always has to be someone who tries to drag the Wii into the discussion, or imply that it is a conspiracy when ever discussion does not include the Wii.

Well there is no conspiracy. All that is really happening is that some loyalist is distraught that the conversation keeps moving away from their console. Well the conversation should omit the Wii until there is something to talk about. That is total fail in my book. Stop derailing threads by mentioning something that is totally irrelevant.

The title of the thread is '360 surges ahea of the competition

The competition is the PS3 and the Wii... why wouldn't you mention the Wii?  Oh, now if the title of the OP was "360 surges ahead of PS3 after trailing it for first part of year on back of price cuts" then I'd agree no need to mention the Wii.  But it doesn't... it says competition.  Also, as MS keep releasing press and marketing for casual market, with SKUs like Arcade and titles like Lips, etc, they themselves are basically putting 360 in competition with Wii so it's totally fair to mention it.

Was the Xbox not in competition with the PS2 because it was more powerful and focused on games like Halo and Splinter Cell?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

@Dodece

If the thread title says a console surges ahead of the competition, then that means a discussion of the competition is very relevant. If the title was the same as Bruce's article "The Xbox 360 surges ahead", then people bring up the Wii could be labeled as being sensitive.
    But, the title of this thread, already is inclusive of the competition, and as much as you may hate hearing about the competition, it does exist.

EDIT: Reasonable beat me to it.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

I thought PSN had more memebers that XBL, so is PSN not rhe biggest.

Dodece said:
These is a lot of fail in this thread. I hardly no where to begin. I think blatant propaganda needs to get a poster a trip into the penalty box especially after it has been factually proven false. A great many of these posters are not ignorant. They are just intent on spreading lies, and that is trolling in itself. I do not care where you stand on the issue lying to other community members means you are disrespecting them.

1. Posters that lambasted the installs on the PS3 did not lambaste the ability to install. They lambasted the fact that there were a great many mandatory installs. The owners were not asked to install they were forced to install. Which used up the precious space they purchased. That space is for the customers use. Not for the developers use. Giving the player the option is one thing. Forcing them is another thing entirely. Yes it is still a rotten thing to do, and Sony should stop developers from doing so.

2. Once again for the millionth time the 360 does not need a hard drive, a wireless adapter, or a special cord. The 360 comes with a better then satisfactory cord with over twenty feet of give. I have a HDTV, and the picture is perfectly fine. You need a hard drive for less then five percent of games on the console. Hell as others have said the hard drive is incredibly cheap now. Yes cheaper then a decent memory card. I guarantee you that most Wii owners wish they had things this good. Finally the vast majority of gamers do not have wireless networks in their homes. A cord is a default option that works for everybody. That means most consumers save money rather then most consumers have to buy additional hardware. Wireless is a luxury purchase not a necessity. Everyone needing to get on is more important then the luxury of a minority.

4. Elegant is an entirely subjective turn. The Apollo space craft many would argue was elegant. That did not mean that one didn't vaporize on the landing pad, and another one did not blow itself half to pieces. Quality and elegance are not necessarily the same thing. Neither is elegance, and effectiveness. A Panzer tank was elegant for its time. However from what I understand it was hell to maintain.
There are parts of the 360 I would consider elegant, and other parts I would consider not elegant. This is really in the eye of the beholder. You cannot say someone is wrong anymore then you can someone is right.

Some fair points, but given the Wii should in all probability outsell the other consoles this Christmas do you really believe its irrelivent?  I mean I hardly use mine, the kids play it really, and little on the console appeals to me personally - but when its average weekly sales tend to be more than 360/PS3 combined its hard to see it as irrelivent.

While elegant to an extent is subjective it also includes form and fit for purpose and when you're talking about something functional elegant also includes quality as well IHMO.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

lanjiaona said:

I stopped reading right there.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
lanjiaona said:

I stopped reading right there.

LOL.  Agreed