By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can the Arcade possibly fall below $200?

I kinda think that $200 is the floor for any current gen console. Wouldn't it ruin the value if the price is lowered to below that?

Around the Network

I honestly wonder how much longer the Arcade is going to be supported.

1. HDD installations now an option.
2. Netflix requires HDD.
3. MS offering HDD-upgrade kits.

Mike from Morgantown

Now if you want to talk value -- the 60GB model is where it is at.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

So maybe they'll discontinue the arcade in the future, and make the pro the $200 model, as a form of price cut?

Arcade will be supported as long as theres people who dont know better :P

so forever :D

But really, itll be supported for a while, its $199, people see the price first over what its offering

Yes, easily. Their still making a profit off of it after all. So yeah I can see them lowering the price. Not soon though.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
mike_intellivision said:

2. Netflix requires HDD.

Mike from Morgantown

Netflix does not require HDD. Period.

Stop spreading the misinformation.

Prediction made on 11/1/2008:

Q4 2008: 27M xbox LTD, 20M PS3 LTD . 2009 sales: 11M xbox,  9M PS3

I just think that if it goes below $200, it'll seem like it's 'too cheap'. like when the ps2 price went to below $150, we already automatically say it's 'last gen'.

sure it could...at some point.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

amirnetz said:
mike_intellivision said:

2. Netflix requires HDD.

Mike from Morgantown

Actually, I think Microsoft says it does -- at least indirectly:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/hardware/memoryupdate/default.htm

Find more entertainment at your fingertips than any other device connected to your TV, instantly streaming movies from Netflix*...

*Requires additional 8MB of available storage and Netflix membership.

Also, to add to my position (also from Microsoft):

Hard drive recommended for LIVE, and is required for some features. LIVE Gold membership and other fees may apply. Netflix sold separately. See xbox.com/live for system requirements.

In order to connect to Xbox LIVE and enjoy everything the new Xbox Experience has to offer, you will need an Xbox 360 Hard Drive. While you can connect to Xbox LIVE using an Xbox 360 Memory Unit with 128MB of available space, you will not be able to enjoy all the great features like Xbox LIVE Primetime and video downloads.

Since I do not have a 360, all I have to go on is what I have been told and what research I can do. If someone is spreading misinformation, it would be Microsoft (and not the first time, I had to open up IE because I could not cut-and-past with Firefox).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mike_intellivision said:
amirnetz said:
mike_intellivision said:

2. Netflix requires HDD.

Mike from Morgantown

Actually, I think Microsoft says it does -- at least indirectly:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/hardware/memoryupdate/default.htm

Find more entertainment at your fingertips than any other device connected to your TV, instantly streaming movies from Netflix*...

*Requires additional 8MB of available storage and Netflix membership.

Also, to add to my position (also from Microsoft):

Hard drive recommended for LIVE, and is required for some features. LIVE Gold membership and other fees may apply. Netflix sold separately. See xbox.com/live for system requirements.

In order to connect to Xbox LIVE and enjoy everything the new Xbox Experience has to offer, you will need an Xbox 360 Hard Drive. While you can connect to Xbox LIVE using an Xbox 360 Memory Unit with 128MB of available space, you will not be able to enjoy all the great features like Xbox LIVE Primetime and video downloads.

Since I do not have a 360, all I have to go on is what I have been told and what research I can do. If someone is spreading misinformation, it would be Microsoft (and not the first time, I had to open up IE because I could not cut-and-past with Firefox).

Mike from Morgantown

**that 8mb of storage can come from a memory card, no HDD required (which comes with the Arcade unit).

And the Arcadae is already below $200, it's $199.