By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 300 on blu-ray

i gotta pick this one up my ps3 is craving some bluray love.

Around the Network
jasonnc80 said:

Zodiac for me is the best looking movie that's not animated on Bluray.

The Dark Knight if it plays it's cards right has the opportunity to surpass it.

I TOTALLY disagree with the comment about wanting HD crystal clear.  Movies shot on film will always have grain. The only way to remove that is with post-processing effects such as DNR and it will totally ruin the look of the movie.  There are numerous examples of films (a lot from Fox & New Line) that have this process applied to them.  Makes the movie look horrible.  300 was a special case in that they intentionally added grain for the "look" of the film. Cases such as this I can see why you would not like it but on movies that offer natural grain leave it alone I say.

Props for mentioning Zodiac, a fantastic film (and far superior to 300).

I also wholeheartedly agree with your comments on film grain.  Screw DNR.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

@Al_habfan

300 had grain added post production. It was not a direct result of being shot on film. TBH I'm not sure if it was even shot on film or if was on HD camera.

Miami Vice's problem wasn't grain but digital noise. This comes from a sub-par transfer of the source material. The movie was actually shot on HD camera so should have came out looking a lot better than it did.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

The grain in 300 is quite excessive and intentional, and it has little to do with the film used.

I love the look of 300. When the Persian emissaries are riding across the field at the very beginning...wow.

Blade Runner is easily the best looking blu-ray at the moment, & I have to agree, I think 300 looks amazing, the grain as people have said was intentional & suited the style of the film.

Around the Network

Superbad is where it's at, that movie is hilarious lol

But 300 was awesome though, I have both of those on BD.

The Ultimate Matrix Collection, 300, Kingdom of Heaven, Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3 and Batman Begins are the ones that i own... Looking forward to Iron Man, The Dark Knight and Lord of the Rings...

guys, I'm sorry, but there is one and only one blu ray movie experience: "bienvenue chez les chtis"! It owns everything! You should give it a try!

The problem was that they named it blu-ray when they should have named it; The Planet Earth Experience.

Seriously, Planet Earth. Watch it on Blu-ray.

Maybe get high first.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

This isn't a double post at all. I'm posting here because I actually have something very important to say...

Serenity is better than All 3 Starwars movies put together! Yeah, that's the real reason I came here...

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.