By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ninja blad to be best game in 2009?

makingmusic476 said:
jacks81x said:
toastboy44562 said:

This game will sell millions of copies. I'm sure it will be rated above a 8.5 out of ten.

This game takes place in modern tokyo.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/906/906686p1.html

I think it has a good chance of being the best game of 2009.

I don't even think Ninja Gaiden II has sold a million copies yet.  And that's a much more well known franchise.  Even if it gets great reviews there's no chance it's selling "millions".

I feel bad for NGII.  It deserves better sales.

It's currently tracking under Heavenly Sword of all games.  :(

Microsoft announced 1 million sales for NGII a few months back. Whether its to customers or not, the game has gone Platinum.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

Lol @ Ninja blad....

But no, no, no really....

This game is Made by "FROM SOFTWARE" there a company thats "Coming Along" but not quickly.

Lets give some Reference, Enchanted Arms, Personally i liked the game, BUT its a game were you WILL play just ONE time after your first play-through...if that...

outlawauron said:
Onyxmeth said:
outlawauron said:
Onyxmeth said:
makingmusic476 said:
Cactus said:
makingmusic476 said:
1. It's from From Software.

2. People say only ps3 fans do this?

The title is in the form of a question, not a statement. From my experience, many PS3 fans choose the latter for their topic titles.

I suppose, but it doesn't seem that different to me, especially given the choice of game.  Had it been Halo 3: Recon or something...

I agree with both points, but seriously this is just not happening. Ninja Blade will hopefully be an above average game. With enough praying to your favorite god or gods, it may be a great game. Best game of the year though? I doubt even the developers of this game would say it about their own baby.

Plus Sin and Punishment 2 is game of the year next year. Everybody knows that.

Eh, anything from From Software doesn't deserve to be in GOTY talks. Ever.

Sin and Punishment 2? I don't see it.

Sorry this is more of a personal thing. I get a hard-on about anything Treasure develops. I personally think that next year's game of the year(by majority of awards) has not been announced yet, but it's coming from Nintendo.

Of course it is. It's the same reason why I think Valkyria Chronicles is the best thing released this generation.

And it's stupid to assume that Nintendo's unannounced titles automatically get GOTY.

@ SHMUP

Eh, not too big a fan of side scrolling shooters.

I didn't say Nintendo's unnanounced IP is getting GOTY. It's just a hunch I have. Nothing announced thus far from any first or third party developer for any console or handheld looks like a real contender, but there are some announced nominees I'm sure. Bioshock 2, Resident Evil 5 and Call of Duty 6 may all make the cut. Gran Turismo 5 may also, but racers tend to get shafted overall in this category, so I doubt it would win even if nominated by certain publications. Nintendo has a history of making the kinds of games that win GOTY. There is speculation/rumor that at least one of the three is coming out next year; Mario, Zelda or Kid Icarus, and I just have a feeling there's something up Nintendo's sleeve that is going to wow most people. The best candidates thus far are both on the PC, being Starcraft II and Bioware's new RPG Dragon Age(if it releases).

About the sentence to SHMUP, Treasure doesn't just make side scrolling shooters. They make platformers, beat 'em ups, fighters, on-rail shooters and action/adventure games too.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Shadowblind said:
makingmusic476 said:
jacks81x said:
toastboy44562 said:

This game will sell millions of copies. I'm sure it will be rated above a 8.5 out of ten.

This game takes place in modern tokyo.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/906/906686p1.html

I think it has a good chance of being the best game of 2009.

I don't even think Ninja Gaiden II has sold a million copies yet.  And that's a much more well known franchise.  Even if it gets great reviews there's no chance it's selling "millions".

I feel bad for NGII.  It deserves better sales.

It's currently tracking under Heavenly Sword of all games.  :(

Microsoft announced 1 million sales for NGII a few months back. Whether its to customers or not, the game has gone Platinum.

I agree, and it's a great number.  I just think it deserves more.  Same goes for games like Uncharted, and from the looks of it LittleBigPlanet.

@makingmusic476
Ninja Gaiden(any iteration) always has a thing going against it,which is the unreasonable difficulty. Many people are bound to put off by a game they can only beat in the easiest mode. The sales reflect that to some extent. So 1 million is pretty good for it.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network

I'm just hoping the game is decent, let alone the best game of next year

Ninja blad will pwn all.
Piss all over the competetion

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Funny how most of the Nintendo fans were praising From Software because of Tenchu 4 on the Wii (even though Tenchu's been crap for years now), and now they're making yet another game for the 360, it'll turn out crap.

I think it'll turn out crap aswell, but the double standards thing is ridiculous.

12 hours for $110 Au. I'll pass

I hope it compares well to Ninja Gaiden.