By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ninja blad to be best game in 2009?

Onyxmeth said:
makingmusic476 said:
Cactus said:
makingmusic476 said:
1. It's from From Software.

2. People say only ps3 fans do this?

The title is in the form of a question, not a statement. From my experience, many PS3 fans choose the latter for their topic titles.

I suppose, but it doesn't seem that different to me, especially given the choice of game.  Had it been Halo 3: Recon or something...

I agree with both points, but seriously this is just not happening. Ninja Blade will hopefully be an above average game. With enough praying to your favorite god or gods, it may be a great game. Best game of the year though? I doubt even the developers of this game would say it about their own baby.

Plus Sin and Punishment 2 is game of the year next year. Everybody knows that.

Eh, anything from From Software doesn't deserve to be in GOTY talks. Ever.

Sin and Punishment 2? I don't see it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Onyxmeth said:
makingmusic476 said:
Cactus said:
makingmusic476 said:

The title is in the form of a question, not a statement. From my experience, many PS3 fans choose the latter for their topic titles.

I suppose, but it doesn't seem that different to me, especially given the choice of game.  Had it been Halo 3: Recon or something...

I agree with both points, but seriously this is just not happening. Ninja Blade will hopefully be an above average game. With enough praying to your favorite god or gods, it may be a great game. Best game of the year though? I doubt even the developers of this game would say it about their own baby.

You doubt the almighty developer: Treasure?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

outlawauron said:
Onyxmeth said:
makingmusic476 said:
Cactus said:
makingmusic476 said:

Sorry this is more of a personal thing. I get a hard-on about anything Treasure develops. I personally think that next year's game of the year(by majority of awards) has not been announced yet, but it's coming from Nintendo.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

makingmusic476 said:

I think the difference is a xbox360 FAN did this, whereas with the PS3 it was always FANS. You would have threads about lair with loads of replies saying it looked amazing etc etc.

Personally I think Ninja blade will end up being a mid 70's type of game. Just how it strikes me really. The combat doesn't look as polished as games like NG or DMC.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

toastboy44562 said:

This game will sell millions of copies. I'm sure it will be rated above a 8.5 out of ten.

This game takes place in modern tokyo.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/906/906686p1.html

I think it has a good chance of being the best game of 2009.

I don't even think Ninja Gaiden II has sold a million copies yet.  And that's a much more well known franchise.  Even if it gets great reviews there's no chance it's selling "millions".

Around the Network
Gobias said:
The title made me laugh out loud.

This game won't be good.

Yeah, when i saw "Ninja Blad", i thought it was about a ninja with bladder problems, so he couldnt hold his pee during missions.

Which actually is an excellent premise for a game. gives a different dimension to the stealth action genre

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Onyxmeth said:
outlawauron said:
Onyxmeth said:
makingmusic476 said:
Cactus said:
makingmusic476 said:

Sorry this is more of a personal thing. I get a hard-on about anything Treasure develops. I personally think that next year's game of the year(by majority of awards) has not been announced yet, but it's coming from Nintendo.

Of course it is. It's the same reason why I think Valkyria Chronicles is the best thing released this generation.

And it's stupid to assume that Nintendo's unannounced titles automatically get GOTY.

@ SHMUP

Eh, not too big a fan of side scrolling shooters.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

psrock said:
ninja gaiden 3 looks good.

Don't even compare NG to such a wanna-be Ninja game.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

BringBackChrono said:
Gobias said:
The title made me laugh out loud.

This game won't be good.

Yeah, when i saw "Ninja Blad", i thought it was about a ninja with bladder problems, so he couldnt hold his pee during missions.

Which actually is an excellent premise for a game. gives a different dimension to the stealth action genre

Huge prop! I literally laughed out loud from that! Still having mini fits right now!

Oh topic: From Software has never produced a blockbuster in their history, their other exclusive for the PS3 shows even less promise than this and I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.

There are far more promising games on the horizon. Star Ocean 4 and Alan Wake to name a few.

jacks81x said:
toastboy44562 said:

This game will sell millions of copies. I'm sure it will be rated above a 8.5 out of ten.

This game takes place in modern tokyo.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/906/906686p1.html

I think it has a good chance of being the best game of 2009.

I don't even think Ninja Gaiden II has sold a million copies yet.  And that's a much more well known franchise.  Even if it gets great reviews there's no chance it's selling "millions".

I feel bad for NGII.  It deserves better sales.

It's currently tracking under Heavenly Sword of all games.  :(