By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Baten Kaitos origins

I'm thinking of picking this up as my first gamecube game. It's part of a 2/30 deal so it would be $15. Just wondering if you guys would recommend it, or if i should play the other game first. This is a prequel, so i'm guessing i should play this first.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

i would not recommend it play the other game first because it is better

Soriku said:
Baddman said:
i would not recommend it play the other game first because it is better

BKO >>>> BK. BKO is the second best GC game. BK is just OK. You only don't like BKO because you couldn't get past the holoholo bird :P

>_< couldn't? i think you mean still haven't

BKO has a simplified battle system, with much less card micromanagement. I thought it was inferior to EW.

Baten Kaitos Origins is a much better game than BK:EWatLO. I'd still play the latter first.

The Malpercio storyline is handled very, very well. You'll appreciate it a lot more if you play BKO second.

Around the Network

pretty hard, huh? I just recently got into turn based rpg's, having never really played them before this year. I'm always down for a challenge but i hope it isn't frustrating to play. If i pick this up it seems i should track down the original to play through first.

thanks for the replies

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Cactus said:
BKO has a simplified battle system, with much less card micromanagement. I thought it was inferior to EW.

the battle system wasn't really simplified but it was still an inferioir game to EW

Baddman said:
Cactus said:

the battle system wasn't really simplified but it was still an inferioir game to EW

Yeah, that was a poor choice of words. I meant that with one deck, it made it easier than multiple decks.

well it looks like this isn't going to be my first gamecube game. just made someone an offer on my local craigslist-like site for megaman anniversay collection (gc) and pikmin 2 and he accepted. You don't want to know how much i'm paying for them. Can't wait to play both.

Soriku said:
How much are you paying? :P

$25 for all 3:

Megaman Anniversay Collection (gc)

Pikmin 2 (gc)

Castlevania : Lament of Innocence (ps2)