By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - wii version of tomb raider underworld has a glitch. a MASSIVE glitch

coasterlove said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Big deal, I bet there will be a patch to fix that.

It is a big deal. A game should only be finished as a finished product. There are very few industries where this seems to be accepted and unfortunately the gaming industry is the biggest one. Imagine if you bought a pair of pants that you wanted to wear and you went to put them on only to find that the zipper doesn't work at all and you couldn't unzip them to get them on. Would it be ok if you had to get them fixed just to wear them. I could use all sorts of products as an example. People shouldn't have to deal with these kinds of issues after they spent their hard earned money on a game. I still say everyone who bought this game should return it and just get their money back. Use that money on a real working game.

No it is not. You would have to do something to get those pants fixed.. well you have to push a button to install updates, so I guess that is the same? Hah. :)

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

Anyway, if people want to complain about bugs, go play Alone in the Dark, please.

Amen! XD

Esa-Petteri said:
coasterlove said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Big deal, I bet there will be a patch to fix that.

It is a big deal. A game should only be finished as a finished product. There are very few industries where this seems to be accepted and unfortunately the gaming industry is the biggest one. Imagine if you bought a pair of pants that you wanted to wear and you went to put them on only to find that the zipper doesn't work at all and you couldn't unzip them to get them on. Would it be ok if you had to get them fixed just to wear them. I could use all sorts of products as an example. People shouldn't have to deal with these kinds of issues after they spent their hard earned money on a game. I still say everyone who bought this game should return it and just get their money back. Use that money on a real working game.

No it is not. You would have to do something to get those pants fixed.. well you have to push a button to install updates, so I guess that is the same? Hah. :)

Lets imagine that someone comes to your house to fix your zipper, does that make it ok that your pants were defective in the first place? And you still have to do something in order to make sure you can get a patch like have internet which not everybody does. A game unless you want to play online shouldn't force to have internet to play a game. Also, you have to keep an eye out for whenever a game gets the neccessary patch which could be a while. Further, is the Wii even capable of patches for games? Excuse my ignorance but I don't know of any example of a game getting patches on the Wii. Maybe it's happened and maybe it's even commonplace and I just don't know about it. Otherwise, gamers who bought this have a game that can't be played as it should have been intended.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Apparently that bug is a random stuff. Not everybody has experienced it. But Eidos gave 2 solutions in their page:

Solution
After the MAP ROOM where they spin a large structure using Thor’s Gauntlet for the first time, a lever is sometimes not appearing (Lara would normally jump onto the lever and use her bodyweight to make it move downwards).
To rectify this, players should either:
1R -Revert back to a previous save and playthrough again.
2. -If the user already has an SD card they can use the attached saves and instructions below (note – they will lose all treasures they have collected if they use these).

http://support.eidosinteractive.com/…31&nav=0,1,372
1. Unzip “20081124 TRU Wii NTSC save.rar”
2. Place the contents of the unzipped folder onto an SD card.
3. Ensure the Wii is off and insert the SD Card into the Wii.
4. Boot up the Wii without the disc in.
5. Go to the Wii Options -> Select Save Data -> Select Wii -> Select SD Card.
6. Select the TR:Underworld file and then select the option copy to Wii memory
7. After save is copied remove SD card and reboot the Wii.
8. Start the game and Load the Save.

The fact that the solution  is so lame says a lot about Eidos. I will avoid them at all costs. You can't burn us and steal our $50 and expect to sell well.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Around the Network

It appears that this version sold ~ 5K first week (US only), so I don't know if they are even going to bother with a patch.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

5k on a userbase of 16mln (US?).. that's quite sad... I don't see a reason other than that TR is irrelevant and should be put to death.

wait, you can't finish the story mode let's say because of that glitch?

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^