By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - wii version of tomb raider underworld has a glitch. a MASSIVE glitch

OH WELL there goes my purchase, many people still buys this even so... Even the Wii version.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Big deal, I bet there will be a patch to fix that.

I really have no clue, but what I guess is the case, is that the bug appears depending on what you have done earlier. Maybe it is so that if you miss a side-area, this area doesn't load correctly. If the testers were crappy, they only went through everything each time, and thus couldn't see this.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Esa-Petteri said:

Yeah, big deal THAT YOU CAN'T BEAT THE GAME. They'll just release a patch THAT CAN'T BE APPLIED so that maybe you can beat the game this time around.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Esa-Petteri said:

and that is the biggest problem with console gaming today. There'd be no point to reviews if everyone followed this mentality, because every game would get a 10/10 because of potential

Around the Network

My big gripe is that this is soemthing multiple testers playing multiple times through the game must have seen. It is a rather big issue.

I mean, I remember plating battlefield 1942. There were glitches and possible bugs abound but none of which I would call offensive (a bush floating far away from the strong points, a " superman bug" where you could fly if you only fell from high enough and quickly started bashing space...that sort of thing.)

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

ClaudeLv250 said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Yeah, big deal THAT YOU CAN'T BEAT THE GAME. They'll just release a patch THAT CAN'T BE APPLIED so that maybe you can beat the game this time around.

Can't be applied? How come?

I got through coastal thailand level with out any problems, maybe it is only a problem in the pal release?

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esa-Petteri said:

It is a big deal. A game should only be finished as a finished product. There are very few industries where this seems to be accepted and unfortunately the gaming industry is the biggest one. Imagine if you bought a pair of pants that you wanted to wear and you went to put them on only to find that the zipper doesn't work at all and you couldn't unzip them to get them on. Would it be ok if you had to get them fixed just to wear them. I could use all sorts of products as an example. People shouldn't have to deal with these kinds of issues after they spent their hard earned money on a game. I still say everyone who bought this game should return it and just get their money back. Use that money on a real working game.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

It sounds like it might be a draw/destroy/redraw issue. This is related to the GPL, usually DirectX on 360 and OpenGL variants on PS3/Wii. If you are having the problem, try saving the game, and restarting the console. It may be command/processor related as opposed to the programming. A function may just not have been called up right.