By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Chances of PS2 outselling PS3 the week of Christmas (WW).

Pristine20 said:
Zero chance

for some reason, I read the thread as ps3 outselling ps2 lol

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

i dont think so...

kylohk said:
^In other words, they profit by "flogging a dead horse"? It's been two years since the PS3 is out!

Why wouldn't a consumer buy a PS3 with BC if they want the PS2 games so badly?

I would not refer to the PS2 as a "dead horse" when it is outselling the PS3 and 360 over the past two years.  If there is still demand for a non-HD system with a huge library, why would they ever stop selling it?

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 18th Nov 2006 to 15th Nov 2008:

Console PS3 X360 PS2
Total

sony is not going to drop the price on the PS2, forget about it. the fact that it still selling thousands a week still 8 years since launch, and also that its been the same price since the slim came out, forget about a price cut for it

I love playstation, so much better than what I used to have

mM
Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
Pristine20 said:
Zero chance

for some reason, I read the thread as ps3 outselling ps2 lol

well then, saying the ps3 had ?zero chance? to sell more than the ps2 is still a prety bold prediction.

no one in this world has not yet bought a ps3.

Speaking about the ps2, how are software sales? I wonder how many of those ps2 sold are replacements... What's the active ps2 userbase these days? 60M?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).