By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which game should I get first!?

Right now I can only get one game. I also have and RPG itch so I really want to play a solid RPG. I narrowed it down to a few games, but I can't choose between them, any recommendations?

I wanted:

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World- I have the first one and I loved it (haven't finished it though)

Final Fantasy IV- I haven't gotten a DS game in ages, and this remake looks great.

Chrono Trigger DS- This game looks Epic, and I never played the original.

Call of Duty Worl at War- I know it's an FPS, but i'm kinda interested in it. Is the Wii version any good?

Can you guys help me choose!?

Thanks in advance.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger, I would call it the most solid RPG ever created.

Why don't you have listed The World Ends With You? It's the best RPG for the DS. Yes, I'm a bad person, I want to complicate your decision even more

Of your list, Chrono Trigger, but I still recommend more TWEWY

Either Tales or Chrono Trigger. Personally, I think Chrono Trigger is a little overrated, but most people love it to death.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Final Fantasy IV. I cannot recommend that game enough. It's a real, solid remake, with replayability, excellent voice acting (and I actually mean it - most RPGs are horrible compared to this), and a rewritten script that really resonates and sticks with you.

Chrono Trigger DS would be the next choice.

Those are the two best games on your list, unless Tales is more than twice as good as the first Symphonia and World at War is better than I have been lead to believe.

Around the Network

I loved ToS, so, I'll be getting DotNW asap. But, Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger are excellent as well. I might get CoD:WaW sometime too! XD

I'm thinking of Picking up DotNW after I beat ToS.

How about FFIV? It's not good? So it I get a DS game, Chrono Trigger it is?

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:

How about FFIV? It's not good?

It's wonderful.

Khuutra said:
c03n3nj0 said:

It's wonderful.

That's just making it harder...lol

c03n3nj0 said:
Khuutra said:
c03n3nj0 said:

It's wonderful.

That's just making it harder...lol

Here, I will make it easier:

It is far and away the best game on your list. Its only rival is Chrono Trigger.

If CT had been properly remade I'd give the nod to it. But right now? It's FFIVDS.