By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One of the BIG problems concerning Reviews

OP: Just a quick point, most people won't be playing the target edition, so you should not review the special edition as a standard one

Anyway, we have known that the review system is slightly broken, but you would assume that the larger review sites do complete a game before reviewing. What OPM UK has started to do is have a separate online review after the launch, so that they can play the game with the pubic, and that is much better for online games, but obviously there are still problems most games

Around the Network

Thats why so many good games are underrated. Because reviewers don't take the tme to play the whole game. They just play half of it and give it a bad rating.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

The biggest problems with reviews is people having their agenda before reviewing the game, and they cannot produce a unbiased , objective and neutral review. Plus it annoys me when they do not play game long enough and are lazy.

Bboid said:

I'm pretty sure 90% of people out there realized there was a major flaw in the review system after GTA4 was reviewed.

You'd be surprised how many people don't believe that.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Lolcislaw said:
The biggest problems with reviews is people having their agenda before reviewing the game, and they cannot produce a unbiased , objective and neutral review. Plus it annoys me when they do not play game long enough and are lazy.

Lazy? It is pretty normal that reviewers need to review games like Final Fantasy in just two days to catch a deadline it is almost impossible to do that.

Around the Network
Snake612 said:
Thats why so many good games are underrated. Because reviewers don't take the tme to play the whole game. They just play half of it and give it a bad rating.

That's exactly what happened with Lost Odyssey.  They didn't play all of the game and the game's reviews suffered as a result.  I am guessing a lot of reviewers at best played up to Disk 2.  The reason being is that for the first two disks, the pacing is slow and in some people's opinions, too slow.  However, Disks 3 and 4 are really where the game gets good.  Disk 3 has the best storytelling of all 4 of the disks and Disk 4 has the most gameplay value with the sidequests opening up at that point.  Really, Disk 3 is where the story was picks up.  If I were to only included the first two disks, I would've give the game a 7.5 or an 8 but Disks 3 and 4 being the game up to an 8 or 8.5.  The game is not without its flaws but it is better than some critics say it is.

dougsdad0629 said:
My biggest gripe is when a reviewer admits they're not a really big fan of the genre of the game they're reviewing. Why the hell were they assigned to this game?

Mine too.

OP: Alot of the time they do mention they don't have the complete build, and they add at the end "hopefully the retail version will have less blah blah blah and more blah blah blah". It's not really their fault developers didn't give them the final product, but at the same time, if they didn't get the incomplete game, then the issues they noted might not be addresed by developers before launch.