By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Third parties pull a fast one and blame Nintendo for their own crappy games

megaman79 said:
I have only thing to say and its not pretty STFU YOU IGNORANT FUKN JOURNALIST. WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YOUR NOT A PROGRAMMER OR AN EXPERT IN ENGINEERING SOFTWARE AROUND THE SPECIFICATIONS OF THE WII.

YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE THAT DO NOT HAVE AN HD TV OR WANT ONE SPECIFICALLY FOR THE ONE AND ONLY REASON OF PLAYING A PS360 SHOOTER.

YOU ARE NOT RELEVANT AND YOUR PROGRAMMING BUDDIES, WHO PREFER HD PROGRAMMING PURELY FOR SELF_MASTURBATORY PURPOSES, ARE THE ACTUAL PROBLEM WITH THE INDUSTRY.

WAKE THE FUCK UP AND REALISE PEOPLE BOUGHT CONSOLES WHEN THEY WERE LESS POWERFULL THAN COMPUTERS. NOW YOUR GONNA HAVE TO SUCK THE BIG ONE AND DESGIN GAMES FOR A LESS POWERFUL CONSOLE.

(catches breath)

Someone should fire his ass. He's the reason Wii games get lower averages

Impressive, the quality of posts on this site just hit a brand new low. Congratulations.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Around the Network
megaman79 said:

I have only thing to say and its not pretty STFU YOU IGNORANT  JOURNALIST. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YOUR NOT A PROGRAMMER OR AN EXPERT IN ENGINEERING SOFTWARE AROUND THE SPECIFICATIONS OF THE WII.

YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE THAT DO NOT HAVE AN HD TV OR WANT ONE SPECIFICALLY FOR THE ONE AND ONLY REASON OF PLAYING A PS360 SHOOTER.

YOU ARE NOT RELEVANT AND YOUR PROGRAMMING BUDDIES, WHO PREFER HD PROGRAMMING PURELY FOR SELF_MASTURBATORY PURPOSES, ARE THE ACTUAL PROBLEM WITH THE INDUSTRY.

WAKE THE HELL UP AND REALISE PEOPLE BOUGHT CONSOLES WHEN THEY WERE LESS POWERFULL THAN COMPUTERS. NOW YOUR GONNA HAVE TO SUCK THE BIG ONE AND DESIGN GAMES FOR A LESS POWERFUL CONSOLE.

(catches breath)

Someone should fire his ass. He's the reason Wii games get lower averages

Wow...

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

Sorry, this article is poorly worded, and full of errors.

Reggie does not expect visuals of the quality of MGS4, but some effort would be nice

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Wow, this jackass doesn't get it either. I don't want games ported up from the PS2, but at the same time (what this guy doesn't get), I don't want games ported down from the PS360. I want original games tailored to the Wii's advantages and disadvantages. When that happens, those games do really well.

Hasn't that happened already? Mario&sonic,carnival games,game party,RRR? I haven't played all of those games, but I think they do use wiimotes advantages. Not to mention that they have been great successes so they must have been "tailored" to wii.

Esa-Petteri said:
Wow, this jackass doesn't get it either. I don't want games ported up from the PS2, but at the same time (what this guy doesn't get), I don't want games ported down from the PS360. I want original games tailored to the Wii's advantages and disadvantages. When that happens, those games do really well.

Hasn't that happened already? Mario&sonic,carnival games,game party,RRR? I haven't played all of those games, but I think they do use wiimotes advantages. Not to mention that they have been great successes so they must have been "tailored" to wii.

Yes it has happened already (I didn't claim it hadn't), and many of those games have sold well.

Just like No More Heroes sold well.  And many other 3rd party games.  Those are the 3rd parties that get it.  They make new unique games tailored to the Wii.  When companies give the Wii sloppy ports, they don't sell well.  Those companies should shut up and learn how to make good games.  It is my hope that they actually don't shut up and learn how to make good games, and they simply go out of business and leave us all alone.  The industry will be better, and leave room for better companies with new and unique ideas.

Around the Network

Yes it has happened already (I didn't claim it hadn't), and many of those games have sold well.

Just like No More Heroes sold well.  And many other 3rd party games.  Those are the 3rd parties that get it.  They make new unique games tailored to the Wii.  When companies give the Wii sloppy ports, they don't sell well.  Those companies should shut up and learn how to make good games.  It is my hope that they actually don't shut up and learn how to make good games, and they simply go out of business and leave us all alone.  The industry will be better, and leave room for better companies with new and unique ideas.

I know! Imagine if the only game developer would be nintendo! Oh the awesomeness of gaming!

Btw, those companies do know how to make good games. If they don't do that on your console of choice, it does not mean that they don't do that on other consoles.

Esa-Petteri said:

I know! Imagine if the only game developer would be nintendo! Oh the awesomeness of gaming!

Btw, those companies do know how to make good games. If they don't do that on your console of choice, it does not mean that they don't do that on other consoles.

I don't want every developer but Nintendo to go out of business.  I just want the bad ones (the majority) to go out of business.

Every generation the vast majority of 3rd parties make the vast majority of their games on the console with the highest market share.  That way they have access to the highest potential userbase and can make more money.  Money is all they care about.  Most games were for the PS2 in the 6th generation even though it was the weakest system, because it sold the most.  Most games were for the PS1 in the 5th generation even though it was the weakest system, because it sold the most.  The difference is that for some reason, the majority of developers in the 7th generation prefer to make their games for the HD consoles instead of the Wii, which has the biggest userbase.

Are we supposed to assume that all these developers are smarter than history and know a big secret about the future, or that they're stupid and trying to make some big anti-SD or anti-Nintendo point?  Most of them are losing money.  It really makes no sense.

It was also Nintendos fault that I flunked Math.

Poor him, cannot easily port games from 360 to Wii. No wonder their Wii games suck. What with them having to put effort into it.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Nintendo's platform was made around Nintendo's strengths and Nintendo pretty much assumed 3rd parties would just adapt , they haven't done that just yet.