By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else find it disturbing that COD5(PS3) outsold R2 in NA?

^ please tell me thats some kind of joke....

Around the Network

They had an entire episode of gametrailers tv dedicated to Resistance 2.

I don't think marketing is the problem.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I have a lot of faith in the legs of R2 and LBP.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

ClaudeLv250 said:
They had an entire episode of gametrailers tv dedicated to Resistance 2.

I don't think marketing is the problem.

Store + television ads > Magazine + internet ads.

Besides, it's not like R2 is a bad product by anymeans. If you beat a good product into the minds of the consumer enough, they'll go out and buy it. Sony had an awful commercial for NA's R2 and barely used it.

BTW: I'm not trying to call R2 a failure, nor am I trying to compare the quality of R2 and WaW. 

Well Call of Duty is a much bigger brand name. And call of duty 4 being one of the very best games on the ps3 last year will probably have something to do with that to

How can you possibly misspell QWERTY? It's spelled correctly on the damn keyboard.

Around the Network

Inbetween now and feb there are less "big hitters" comming for the PS3, so expect a lot of legs for R2 and such.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Maybe WaW is a better game. To be honest, I'm quite surprised, as it seemed like every ps3 owner on this website was amped for R2...so I can't understand how WaW outsell it by such a large margin, but it goes to show the power of marketing.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
Maybe WaW is a better game. To be honest, I'm quite surprised, as it seemed like every ps3 owner on this website was amped for R2...so I can't understand how WaW outsell it by such a large margin, but it goes to show the power of marketing.

Whether or not WaW is a better game really has no impact on which game would sell more. There are games that can be worse than can sell more than R2 and there are games that are better that may not sell as well as R2.

Both games are good (metacriticed 84-87).

WaW is a WW2 shooter, R2 is a scifi shooter. I guess that's considered "generic" on both ends.

The difference is that Gamestop marketed the heck out of WaW as did Activision and Sony barely advertised through retail and television.

The brand name obviously has effect since CoD is more popular than Resistance. But at the end of the day, R2 just didn't get enough exposure from Sony. It's not an excuse, but it is what it is. Sony needs to pick up their game marketing or 3rd party developers might not want to become 2nd party the next go around, if you catch my drift.

marketing is not the problem, i think it is R2 the problem is.

it will probably have good legs