By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Odd Killzone 2 Beta impressions

I'm glad someone sees it the way I see it, I mean I love FPS games, grit is fine to a point, but this game has 20 different shades of each gray, brown, and black. I saw images/videos and was so unimpressed because it just seemed like mud everywhere. Now the lighting is something to be impressed with and the overall the game is showing what the PS3 is capable of and why it's much more powerful then 360... but when you show it off in such a way that it looks like mud it makes the stunning technical work going on in the game a bit underwhelming.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

this thread needs some KZ2 gif goodness

SpartanFX said:

Brownish-yellowish with a lot of gray

brownish-yellowish lotta gray

lots of gray

lots of gray

lots of brown

lots of black/brown

Haha this shows off my argument 110%, outstanding technical work with awful color palette, so much could be done with this engine it's sad to see it look like that.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Not everybody is going to love it!

Sadly

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

MaxwellGT2000 said:
SpartanFX said:

lots of gray

lots of gray

lots of brown

lots of black/brown

Haha this shows off my argument 110%, outstanding technical work with awful color palette, so much could be done with this engine it's sad to see it look like that.

just remember that all those gifs are from level one of the SP campaign,,the game has around 12 levels that have never been showed to public yet.

also this engine will most likely be used in other sony projects,,,,,sony funded this game so much to use the outcome for other 1st party devs.

Around the Network

The beta has been good, but not amazing.

What's killing it for me are technical issues, but obviously these kinds of issues should be expected considering it's a beta and all.

Still, my room mate does not like it and lists lots of things he doesn't like about it while I'm playing.

Lastly, make sure you turn up the brightness in the game's option when you play it.

finally somebody spoke the truth that all other people wont dare to state out.
I agree every bit of this guy's impression towards the beta

@ maxwell

I was reading on another forum *ahem*, anyway, that not every level is like that. The single player is going to have tons of variety and colors from what we've heard from leaks and such.

Trust, you will be eating your socks come February.

SpartanFX said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
SpartanFX said:

lots of gray

lots of gray

lots of brown

lots of black/brown

just remember that all those gifs are from level one of the SP campaign,,the game has around 12 levels that have never been showed to public yet.

also this engine will most likely be used in other sony projects,,,,,sony funded this game so much to use the outcome for other 1st party devs.

Well yes all of Sonys teams lately have been working together on these engines and I look forward to a Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxter game that uses one of these engines.

Well, everyone is intitled to their opinion and I like this thread as it emphasises that theses comments are opinions not facts. I really hate it when people try to influence others perception of a game just because they've had a bad experience of it.