By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How badly will the 360 beat the PS3 during the week of Black Friday?

Smashed said:
Why do you say it "How badly will the 360 beat PS3" Why are you so sure? How do you know? Why can't the PS3 badly beat the 360? Gotta love the 360 fanboys.

I think I have some leftover bits of reality around, looks like you could use them.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

Seriously though, to win the year over the PS3 the 360 has to sell like 700k+ over the PS3. I doubt that is going to happen.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
seece said:
Smashed said:
Why do you say it "How badly will the 360 beat PS3" Why are you so sure? How do you know? Why can't the PS3 badly beat the 360? Gotta love the 360 fanboys.

Have you seen sales for America this week?

have you seen the sales for this year?

Yes I have, whats that got to do with anything? the OP asks how badly the 360 will beat the PS3 in America come BF ... I don't see how the PS3 doing well earlier in the year has anything to do with that. Do you?

seece said:
ssj12 said:
seece said:
Smashed said:

Yes I have, whats that got to do with anything? the OP asks how badly the 360 will beat the PS3 in America come BF ... I don't see how the PS3 doing well earlier in the year has anything to do with that. Do you?

well i have a feeling it will be a dead heat between the two.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

well, (limiting myself to america)...

last year 360 sold ~275k to ps3's ~175k units on black friday.

yoy for last weeks sales: 360 is negative by 27k units or 16% and ps3 is negative 22k units or 22%.

so i'd predict this black friday 360 sells in the ballpark of 230k units and ps3 sells 135k units.

therefore 360 outsells the ps3 by ~95k units or a ratio of 1.7 to 1.

just for fun: last year wii sold 440k units on black friday with a yoy of positive 25% for last week's sales.

so i'd say the wii sells a minimum of 550k (i through in minimum because supply will not be nearly as constraint as last year) meaning he wii outsells the 360 by at least 320k units or a ratio of 2.4 to 1 in favor of the wii. xD

numbers from: http://www.vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=America&cons3=X360&reg3=America&start=39327&end=39768

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
seece said:
ssj12 said:
seece said:
Smashed said:

Wow really? even though the 360 nearly doubled its sales over the PS3 in Americas this week? and the fact its clear there are far more 360 deals out than PS3.

Walmart released their Black Friday ads and I do not see a Playstation sales on there.

http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/wal-mart-black-friday-ad.html

Damn I was hoping for better Blu-Ray player deals from Walmart than this.  I heard sub $150.  Guess not.

That's an incredible deal for the Wii though. It's 75 cents off!!!!

FishyJoe said:
That's an incredible deal for the Wii though. It's 75 cents off!!!!

That's too good to be true.

seece said:
ssj12 said:
seece said:
ssj12 said:
seece said:
Smashed said:

Wow really? even though the 360 nearly doubled its sales over the PS3 in Americas this week? and the fact its clear there are far more 360 deals out than PS3.

nevermind ssj ok?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.