By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is there a chance the PS3 WON'T hit 20m this year?

Max King of the Wild said:
xman said:
Going to be close, amazing how fortunes turn on consoles, WII has had another tremendous year so hopefully the fad label will be off it. 360 at the beginning of the year looked like it was going strong stalled ad PS3 began to pick the momentum , then the price cut and economy tanked and 360 has begun to pull away again.

20 million for PS3 is a stretch goal 30% chance of making it

Though I don't believe Wii is a fad I still don't understand how you guys think that just because it's done well it's not a fad... I mean tickle me elmos were definatly a fad and they were VERY popular for years. And when I worked at toys r us (last year) there was a new tickle me elmo that sold out in an hour so it was still very popular even after the fad died....

Give it up man, you're becoming ridiculous! With your logic we cannot proves PS2 isn't a fad. As for your WKC argument, we still have to wait until 25 december to know if PS3 will make 20 mil or not? Come on, if you doesn't have anything intelligent to say just say nothing.

Around the Network
atma998 said:
xman said:
Going to be close, amazing how fortunes turn on consoles, WII has had another tremendous year so hopefully the fad label will be off it. 360 at the beginning of the year looked like it was going strong stalled ad PS3 began to pick the momentum , then the price cut and economy tanked and 360 has begun to pull away again.

Though I don't believe Wii is a fad I still don't understand how you guys think that just because it's done well it's not a fad... I mean tickle me elmos were definatly a fad and they were VERY popular for years. And when I worked at toys r us (last year) there was a new tickle me elmo that sold out in an hour so it was still very popular even after the fad died....

Give it up man, you're becoming ridiculous! With your logic we cannot proves PS2 isn't a fad. As for your WKC argument, we still have to wait until 25 december to know if PS3 will make 20 mil or not? Come on, if you doesn't have anything intelligent to say just say nothing.

You really need to learn how to read slower... I never said it was a fad. In fact I said I don't believe it is one. All I said were fads don't die as fast as some here are making it seem... and if you really want me to go into detail what I think then... I think gaming in general is a fad. Someone buys a console... plays it... then moves on. I think the I-phone is a fad. I think electronics are a fad... think about it. So in a way yeah I think the Wii is a fad... but thats just electronics.

atma998 said:
xman said:

You really need to learn how to read slower... I never said it was a fad. In fact I said I don't believe it is one. All I said were fads don't die as fast as some here are making it seem... and if you really want me to go into detail what I think then... I think gaming in general is a fad. Someone buys a console... plays it... then moves on. I think the I-phone is a fad. I think electronics are a fad... think about it. So in a way yeah I think the Wii is a fad... but thats just electronics.

Ok so PS3 is also a fad by your definition?

atma998 said:
atma998 said:
xman said:

Gaming isn't a fad but specific consoles are. Thats just the life styles electronics have. Why do you think there are so many upgrades?

atma998 said:
atma998 said:
xman said:

Gaming isn't a fad but specific consoles are. Thats just the life styles electronics have. Why do you think there are so many upgrades?

Why did you not answer my question?

Around the Network

I thought I did... maybe you should re-read my post.

I'm not trying to be mean hear or anything so don't take this personally but is french you first language? The reason I ask is because it would explain alot...

I thought I did... maybe you should re-read my post

So PS3 is a fad or not? YES OR NO?