By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is there a chance the PS3 WON'T hit 20m this year?

Kasz216 said:

Try comparing games in the same vein.

Front Mission 5
Square Enix 1 133,023

And week after the last week I posted.... This time Level 5 has.... their own game to up against....

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Kasz216 said:

Front Mission 5
Square Enix 1 133,023

And week after the last week I posted.... This time Level 5 has.... their own game to up against....

FM5 is a strategy RPG... i really have no clue what your trying to prove with PS2 numbers.

The fact that Rogue Galaxy was released with bigger games... wouldn't that mean the legs would be HIGHER then usual?

Making my point... and not yours?

Your defeating yourself here.

Unless your going to revise your first week numbers up.

Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:

Front Mission 5
Square Enix 1 133,023

FM5 is a strategy RPG... i really have no clue what your trying to prove with PS2 numbers.

In 2005 Level 5 released a game... In the same time period SE released 2 games one of which had the word kingdom and hearts in the title. Namco released one game with the words Tales of in the title and Capcom released a game were you shoot zombies....

In 2008 Level 5 will be releasing a game.... Within the same time period there will be no Kingdom Hearts or Tales of... think about it.

Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:

Front Mission 5
Square Enix 1 133,023

In 2005 Level 5 released a game... In the same time period SE released 2 games one of which had the word kingdom and hearts in the title. Namco released one game with the words Tales of in the title and Capcom released a game were you shoot zombies....

In 2008 Level 5 will be releasing a game.... Within the same time period there will be no Kingdom Hearts or Tales of... think about it.

Yeah, that means the games legs should be better, and it's opening numbers should be surpressed.

Which runs counter to your arguemet.

Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:

Front Mission 5
Square Enix 1 133,023

Yeah, that means the games legs should be better, and it's opening numbers should be surpressed.

Like I said earlier "Guess we'll find out on Dec. 25th" and if this game isn't at 500k in 2 years I'll gladly admit I was wrong.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:
Kasz216 said:

Front Mission 5
Square Enix 1 133,023

Like I said earlier "Guess we'll find out on Dec. 25th" and if this game isn't at 500k in 2 years I'll gladly admit I was wrong.

Not definitly, it could outperform your initail prediction, or it could underperform.

Or its legs could just die off right away like most rpgs in japan to where it's obvious it won't reach that.

If it does hit your inital week 1 prediction it can probably be judged after a month or two based on how it tracks vs rogue galaxy.

I don't think your week 1 prediction is off base.  I think it may perform a little better actually.  I just think it will have no legs.

I don't think Rogue Galaxy got the re-release treatment.

I don't think Rogue Galaxy got the re-release treatment.

It was re-released in 2007.  But what does that have to do with anything?

Max just doesn't know when to stop. o_0

The BuShA owns all!

Vertigo-X said:
Max just doesn't know when to stop. o_0

Got anything to add to the arguement?

I didn't think so.