By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 3 "WILL/WON'T" push 360 numbers through the roof?

Won't. People are halo'd out... They might sell around 500k for the month, but that's less than wii levels, right?
WONT (-50k)

Around the Network

I know 3 people who are going to buy one 360 when halo 3 is released.. so, yes you can expect an explosion of 360:p

dont know if anyone seen this yet but...
http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/user-news/16255-halo-3-4-player-online-co-op.html
halo has 4 player online coop on campaign
http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/user-news/16257-new-xbox-360-elites-have-added-heat-sink.html
and their fixing the overheating issue
might just win back a few potential buyers
and a recent screenshot of halo 3?
http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/user-news/16256-halo-3-graphics-start-shine.html
im betting a +73k on release week

wait wait.. you do mean NA only right?.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

I think it will definitely move units for Microsoft. Halo is, imo, the bread and butter of the XBox name. I don't, however, think it will do as much as people hope it will. 360s aren't selling like they did at one point.. I honestly think the majority of those waiting for Halo already own a 360. I'd expect nothing less than 375k Halo's being sold in it's first month.. possibly even the 5-600k+ mark seeing as how I'm going to assume 7 of the 10 million 360s sold were sold to big Halo fans.

But with Nintendo's huge 3 all coming out within a month or 2 of each other.. could be a very, very long winter for Microsoft because I just don't see how Halo could compete with all three of those titles.. there's just no way.

i think it will boost sales, maybe even topping the wii, but it will only be a blip. MS are planning halo3 packages arnt they? i Expect they will help push sales.

As others have said, the Halo fan has more than enough reasons to own a 360 already, especially with GoW, i would estimate 75% of the target market already has a 360.

I thik halo3 has the potential to outsell the previous 2 games, purely because the 10million owners of the 360 are all gamers, in the past there was a big % of people who bought an xbox because it was hacked and worked as a media centre, games (and especially paying for them) were an afterthought.

Ill stop standing on the fence and say...will +50K 

Around the Network

Won`t (-200k)

hmm.. although I certainly am not a fan of the H franchise I can see it being a major push for 360 at release day and during the holiday season , so my money is on Will (+ 40k)

Well, I have added everyone up to this point. I am going to add myself and then check back later for more folks to add.

PS - Adding myself at Won't(-30k)

To Each Man, Responsibility

WILL (+100k)-

Let's see... the wii is coming out with the following around the same time:

September 25, 2007
Anubis II UFO Interactive Adventure
Balls of Fury Destination Software, Inc. (DSI) Sports
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party Konami Music
Action
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party (Dance Pad Bundle) Konami Music
Action
Dave Mirra BMX Challenge Crave Entertainment Sports
Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire D3 Publisher Action
Hot Wheels: Beat That Activision Racing
Pimp My Ride Activision Value Action

September 26, 2007
Backyard Football 2008 Atari Sports
Action
Billy the Wizard: Rocket Broomstick Racing Conspiracy Entertainment Racing
Action

No extreme AAA direct from Nintendo competition that is likely to be accompanied by massive shipments of wiis, but enough 3rd party potential that there will probably be some extra wii shipments.

I tend to agree that most people waiting for Halo 3 already have an Xbox 360, but there probably are some original Hao/Halo 2 owners that will get a 360 for Halo 3...

In conclusion, Won't, -20K for the release week. (Which is an improvement for 360, but not enough to put hardware sales in the lead).