By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which 3rd parties will support Motion+ best?

None of them, the vast majority of Wii gamers aren't going to own a WM+, I would be surprised if any of those games are even built to use it.

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
Naum said:
Esa-Petteri said:
You will just have to wait and see. Personally, I don't think that WM+ will get a lot of support.

That's what you hope not think.

Why would I hope for such a thing? I just think that WM+ won't be popular enough to be getting a lot of support. Let's say that 30% of wii owner would get WM+, 70% of the wii owners would be getting gimped versions of their games.

edit:

I see you edited your post. Why do you say I'm a wii hater? That is pretty offensive.

90% of games with WM+ won't require it (like Conduit for example) it'll just add to the experience.  Much like the balance board adds to Shaun White, Shake It, RRR, We Cheer, etc, etc but isn't required by any of them.

Pretendo said:

So far three 3rd paty games have been annouced to support Motion+, which will release next spring.

Ubisoft- Red Steel 2

Sega- The Conduit

EA- (untitled tennis game) 

When all is said and done who will have the most Motion+ games and who will have the best? I going to go with EA for most. (>'.')>

Sega is not developing The Conduit, High Voltage is, Sega is just publishing it!

And yes there will be allot of support, every developer will want to make sword, baseball, golf, fishing, tennis games… again but with better controls. I want a ping pong game!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Gamerace said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Naum said:
Esa-Petteri said:
You will just have to wait and see. Personally, I don't think that WM+ will get a lot of support.

Why would I hope for such a thing? I just think that WM+ won't be popular enough to be getting a lot of support. Let's say that 30% of wii owner would get WM+, 70% of the wii owners would be getting gimped versions of their games.

edit:

I see you edited your post. Why do you say I'm a wii hater? That is pretty offensive.

90% of games with WM+ won't require it (like Conduit for example) it'll just add to the experience.  Much like the balance board adds to Shaun White, Shake It, RRR, We Cheer, etc, etc but isn't required by any of them.

If it is not required, why do you think people will buy it? I am not talking about those people who visit gaming forums and stuff, but the average consumer.

Esa-Petteri said:
Gamerace said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Naum said:
Esa-Petteri said:

edit:

If it is not required, why do you think people will buy it? I am not talking about those people who visit gaming forums and stuff, but the average consumer.

For one Wii Sports Resort will probably sell an easy 10m. 

Casual Wii owners bought a Wii on the promise of games like Wii Sports than make you feel like you're playing the game rather than pressing buttons.  Why wouldn't they want WM+ which could, finally, deliver on that promise?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if at some point in '09 WM+ becomes a standard pack-in with every Wii sold.

And for the more Core Wii players, they'll be all over it.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Casual Wii owners bought a Wii on the promise of games like Wii Sports than make you feel like you're playing the game rather than pressing buttons.  Why wouldn't they want WM+ which could, finally, deliver on that promise?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if at some point in '09 WM+ becomes a standard pack-in with every Wii sold.

I don't know, maybe they are happy with the wii as it is. Aren't you happy with your wii?

It would make sense to make WM+ a pack-in item. That way it would definitely get more support.

For that sports resort selling easy 10m, I just don't see that happening. At least it won't be "easy". :)

Esa-Petteri said:
Gamerace said:
Esa-Petteri said:

I don't know, maybe they are happy with the wii as it is. Aren't you happy with your wii?

It would make sense to make WM+ a pack-in item. That way it would definitely get more support.

For that sports resort selling easy 10m, I just don't see that happening. At least it won't be "easy". :)

I love the Wii but I too have been disappointed that we don't have a real SW lightsaber game or a tennis game where you can add spin without pressing B.   WM+ (hopefully, truly) is the realization of what the Wii should be

Gamerace said:
Esa-Petteri said:

I love the Wii but I too have been disappointed that we don't have a real SW lightsaber game or a tennis game where you can add spin without pressing B.   WM+ (hopefully, truly) is the realization of what the Wii should be

Yeah, I think I will try WM+ out too. If it is good enough and gets the support I like, I might even buy a wii. :D

Gamerace said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Gamerace said:
Esa-Petteri said:

people would rather press B. turning the wiimote wont make any difference in terms of gameplay.

I expect all EA sports games to include Motion+ support. Anything less and I will be very disappointed.

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85