By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Last Renmant got 6.5 at Gamespot...

tombi123 said:
Maybe both PS3 and 360 versions needed to be delayed into 2009, but Microsoft paid for SE to release it this year.

Hopefully they fix the PS3 version with the extra time they have. The game looks amazing.

MS obviously needed some good jRPG game for the holiday season to not let their chain of RPGs break, and this delay of PS3 version didnt really made much sense. So who knows, you are probably right.

I am waiting for PS3 version too anyway.

Around the Network

Seems like this game will end up in the bargain bin along with Infinite Undiscovery due to not enough time being spent on the technical side of the development.

If the 360 is supposed to be easy to develop for then i dread to think how bad the PS3 version would have been if the version was released at the same time...

I just read through the review... it's a damn shame. I always said that this game would be better than Infinite Undiscovery when the two were compared... and had it not been for the chuggy framerate and texture pop in, it would be. I always intended to buy the PS3 version, but my hopes for it being better than the 360 one had never been so high. We seem to have a fantastic game on out hands, bound by programming faults. SE... please.. make the PS3 version good.

if the game has wide open areas it's not a surprise to have such problems, especially with UE. I mean

This isn't just an annoyance, but a huge detractor to the pace of battles and exploration, which are further broken up by inexplicably long loading times. Cities are divided into tiny areas, and moving from one to the next leads to loading screens that jolt you back to reality every few minutes.

you could read this paragraph in a POSTAL 2 review, years ago. and also Mass Effect suffered from it too (which they tried to "fix" with the chit chat)

anyway, I'm waiting for the PC version to check the game, still looks good and hopefully the loading times will not be so long.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Ouch, thats HARSH for a JRPG, i dont belive this game sucks more then eternal sonata i rufuse to belive that.

Maybe the PS3 version will be more polished and tuned more advancedly with more time in hand, this is what MS gets for a rushed project, you Reap what you sow MS....

Anyways, why did SE favor the Latest Unreal-Engine over crystal tools for this game? seems kinda outta place if ya ask me...

Around the Network

*Sighs hard*

Who cares. If you wanted to play the game, just play it.

Way to go $queenix. Going multi platform sure shows quality... not! They're even worse than EA. No hope for SOIV, what was once an amazing franchise will most likely be killed as well and the worst part of it... it'll be done by one of my most favorite JP devs Tri Ace / Crescendo.

Here's hoping for bad sales, delivering a crappy game deserves it.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*~Onna76~* said:
Way to go $queenix. Going multi platform sure shows quality... not! They're even worse than EA. No hope for SOIV, what was once an amazing franchise will most likely be killed as well and the worst part of it... it'll be done by one of my most favorite JP devs Tri Ace / Crescendo.

It'll be a fantasic game with sales that do not refect its worth - the same case as with Vesperia.

*~Onna76~* said:

Star Ocean The Last Hope will not suffer from technical issues and since the game is 3 months away from release and is already polished, I don't see anything going wrong.  Atleast they seemed to actually bug tested SO4 unlike SO3.

From what I read of that review, the game itself is fantasic but its technical issues are such a huge problem that it would ruin the experience for a lot of gamers.  If it weren't for the technical issues, GS might have given it an 8.5 or 9.0 instead.  That's too bad because TLR could've permenantly changed the JRPG formula.

I think the PS3 version will probably be worse. Most multiplatform games in the past (even Need for Speed: Undercover recently) had PS3 versions with worse technial issues than the 360.

Here's to hoping that isn't true this time.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."