By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1Up had to change one of its Reviews

The Skate it! Review. Originally this game get a D. Not it's a C+ Mmmmmhh

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3171379&p=44

You should know what you're buying -- and most of the time, we're able to convey exactly that with our reviews. In the instance of Skate It for the Wii, the early copy we received for review wasn't exactly what consumers got (which wasn't communicated to us at the time). Some complaints that we had about the reviewable build EA sent us, particularly with the game's controls, are resolved in the final retail version. As such, we've upped our score to a C+ (it was originally a D) to reflect the changes.

Honestly I can't believe that the so-called "professionals" review incomplete games or had to change reviews just to add one point, something is bad qith 1Up recently.

Around the Network

Gaming journalism has deteriorated so much in recent years.

1up gave sonic chronicles an A..

it really make people think about 1up credentials

Because this is somehow 1UP's fault? People, please.

GLoRySoGLoRy said:
1up gave sonic chronicles an A..

it really make people think about 1up credentials

What was wrong with sonic.

Around the Network

So, where is my FIXED Castlevania Judgment review?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

alfredofroylan said:

Honestly I can't believe that the so-called "professionals" review incomplete games or had to change reviews just to add one point, something is bad qith 1Up recently.

I don't see where it's 1UP's fault. If EA gives them the review copy without mentioning that the retail is gonna be different, they'll review as if it were the retail copy. If EA then fixes a problem, how are they supposed to know? Give props to them that they acknowledged EA's error and fixed the score.

chasmatic12 said:
Gaming journalism has deteriorated so much in recent years.

So lets recreate this situation. EA sends out review copies and does not mention that the final game will be more polished. 1up reviews tha game points out the obvious flaws and docks it points accordingly. Later it becomes known that the review copy was not a final build, and so 1up changes their review to more accurately reflect the situation. So rather than leaving an inaccurate review, 1up decided to take the highroad and admit their mistake. Seems like a pretty good sign of journalistic integrity to me.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

At least they made the effort to change the review. EA's fault though.

I am not exactly a fan of 1Up reviews but I appreciate they took the effort to change their grade and explain the situation. I am sure EA staff would love to receive the same treatment to all other journalist they sent the wrong build.