By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Nippon Ichi's unrevealed PS3 game... what happend?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
akuma587 said:
mibuokami said:
Shadowblind said:

Lol, I love how people still think Microsoft is money hatting every game.

You think Namco and SE just decided to launch their RPG ONLY on the 360 just because MS asked nicely? Come now you're smarter than that.

Or do you mean by the above statement that you do not believe a monetary transaction took place? If that is the case we're arguing over semantic and I'm finished.

This.  I mean Sony actually owns a big stake in the company (third largest shareholder).  If money didn't change hands somewhere, then paint me green and call me Leonard Maltin.

I Triple this. +3

So... you ignored the reason why Sony's stock gives them no power or influence on anything then?

I'd be surprised if Sony could convince SE to put a Bravia in their breakroom instead of a Samsung if the samsung was cheaper.

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
1st off, sony doesnt own a big stake in square-enix. sony owns around 9% on the company and that isnt a big stake its a very small one. and i think most developers are wanting to bring their games on multi systems because of the cost. and also re5 taking longer too come out, wasnt because of m$. if ppl remember correctly re5 was shown off for the 1st time on the 360 and not the ps3. and just because a game isnt shown off, suddenly its m$'s fault, come on ppl use some common sense. i am sure nippon ichi will make alot more games on the ps3 and they will be fun and great games, they just now want too make games for the wii and maybe the 360. either way, it just means more of their games will be played on more systems.

9% is a huge piece of the company considering the largest is around 15%.

I was wondering this too! They just finished their Prinny game on the PSP, so they got to be doing more than that shovelware Wii title.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
1st off, sony doesnt own a big stake in square-enix. sony owns around 9% on the company and that isnt a big stake its a very small one. and i think most developers are wanting to bring their games on multi systems because of the cost. and also re5 taking longer too come out, wasnt because of m$. if ppl remember correctly re5 was shown off for the 1st time on the 360 and not the ps3. and just because a game isnt shown off, suddenly its m$'s fault, come on ppl use some common sense. i am sure nippon ichi will make alot more games on the ps3 and they will be fun and great games, they just now want too make games for the wii and maybe the 360. either way, it just means more of their games will be played on more systems.

I was wondering this too! They just finished their Prinny game on the PSP, so they got to be doing more than that shovelware Wii title.

Yeah but....

1) It wouldn't effect anything

and

2) While 15% is the highest... keep in mind three of the four biggest stock holders are all really just controlled by the same guy.

Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

Yeah but....

and

2) While 15% is the highest... keep in mind three of the four biggest stock holders are all really just controlled by the same guy.

I know, but people really underestimate how much $ that is.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

Yeah but....

and

I know, but people really underestimate how much $ that is.

Yeah... 9% (8.5% to be exact i think) is a pretty big amount.

I mean 1/10th is actually pretty substantial.

It's just, there isn't any siutation where it's good for anything outside divdends unless they convice one of the founders to sell out.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
akuma587 said:
mibuokami said:
Shadowblind said:

Lol, I love how people still think Microsoft is money hatting every game.

You think Namco and SE just decided to launch their RPG ONLY on the 360 just because MS asked nicely? Come now you're smarter than that.

Or do you mean by the above statement that you do not believe a monetary transaction took place? If that is the case we're arguing over semantic and I'm finished.

This.  I mean Sony actually owns a big stake in the company (third largest shareholder).  If money didn't change hands somewhere, then paint me green and call me Leonard Maltin.

I Triple this. +3

So... you ignored the reason why Sony's stock gives them no power or influence on anything then?

I'd be surprised if Sony could convince SE to put a Bravia in their breakroom instead of a Samsung if the samsung was cheaper.

To be fair, he may have only been approving the first reply where miboukami questioned the logic of both Namco and SE's platform decisions.

Also, the mentioning of the stake Sony has in the comapany was only mentioned in addition to the logical questioning of their decision, kind of like saying "Despite the odd platform choices/exclusions, Sony even own a large stake in the company. What logical explaination is there?"

On topic: Noooooo... I just sold my Wii two months ago. Although I highly doubt it, if Nippon Ichi make their games for the Wii from here on out, I'm.... well, I'm going to be very angry with myself.