By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GC Remakes = Nintendo buying the 3rd parties some time.

@GameRace: Third Party

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
Well, then Nintendo should start porting every single of their GC games instead of making new games. Because, like you say, there's still people who will buy them.

I really believe that's what's going on. Besides Wii Sports Resort and the GC ports, I doubt we will see another Nintendo developed game for the Wii in 2009.

You got to be kidding me :O you have really lost all hope! Slaps @tres in the face, pull yourself together man!  

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

trestres said:
@GameRace: Third Party

Didn't know that.  I know the other announced games are too except...

Pikmin 3.

!!! Next Level and Treasure aren't second party.

Well that's what I thought. At least Wikipedia says they aren't.
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=44028&start=0

Check there, I'm gonna bump it now.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

@Soriku - How is it your lovely ToS banner has such an obvious typo?

Around the Network

@Soriku: I know about that. I'm just saying that Nintendo is only making the GC ports and Wii Sports Resort for the Wii so far. They aren't really using much of their 1st/second party teams.

So far games we know that they are making are: Wii Sports Resort, the GC ports and Mario & Luigi 3. There's like 22 free teams, but we don't know if they are developing for the Wii, the DS, the Wii's successor or the DS successor. Nintendo doesn't like to hype their games or make reasonable time announcements. They want you to know about a game when it's on the shelves already.

Ans still, S&P 2 and Punch Out aren't second party. They are 3rd party games published by Nintendo. Nintendo doesn't have anything to do with the development of those games.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Gamerace said:
@Soriku - How is it your lovely ToS banner has such an obvious typo?

lol hahhaaaa omg, that is funny. How much time was invested on making that banner with knigths?

@Soriku: I think Nintendo will have to publsih a lot next year, seeing as how none of their internal teams got anyhting to announce. The bad news is most of those games announced at their conference are Japan only so far. And I really can't see that changing considering that 45% of their published games were Japan only this year.

I see them announcing 1 holiday title, maybe Wii Fit 2. But besides that nothing really from their inhouse teams.

For example, this year Nintendo released only 5 inhouse games for the wii in the Americas. It should really be 4 because Wii Fit only needed localization as it was finished since November 2007.

MKWii, SSBB, Animal Crossing: CF and Wii Music is all they released. That's 3 teams there, as AC and Wii Music were made by the same team.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Maybe you didn't imply it, but defending a company for doing this is what pisses me off. Nintendo should be really focusing on making new games already. 2008 was a very light year in terms of games made by them, and 2009 is looking even weaker if you take into account that they are aonly making GC ports and a sequel to Wii Sports. At least 2008 had MKWii and SSBB.

This is NOT PROOF they aren't focusing on making new games. The ONLY PROVES they are porting a few older games. It's you false belief one rules out the other is what's pissing us off.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

When do you think they're going to announce them? 2 days before release is my choice.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies