By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GC Remakes = Nintendo buying the 3rd parties some time.

BengaBenga said:
GamingChartzFTW said:
RolStoppable said:
Gamerace said:
Actually my son had a GC but the only game he had that's being ported to Wii is Metroid Prime. Never had DK, Pikmin, Mario Tennis or even RE for that matter. So even for a former GC owner most of these titles are still 'new'.

Now I could goto the store tomorrow and get a GC version of RE & RE0 - there are on the shelves used, and I'm tempted, but I know I won't play them cause it'd mean being shackled to the Wii with a gamecube controller and having to sit on the floor. I'm not doing that. That was okay as a kid, but I'm not doing that now. 'side's I prefer the Wii controls to dual analog. I'd rather pay a little extra a have a Wii version. Too bad that the RE ports are only in Japan.

1. Try to find an extension cord for GC controllers if you don't want to sit on the floor.
2. The RE ports play exactly like the GC versions.
3. No RE game has had dual analog controls and the only RE game to benefit from IR pointing is RE4. All the other games would have to be completely redone.

16:9 Widescreen + maybe improved framerate, improved controls etc etc..

Gamerace, I highly recommend buying the new Wii version of REmake (RE1). Don't listen to RolStoppable.

The RE ports won't be widescreen (native at least) because they simply can't. REmake and RE0 have prerendered backgrounds that can't be made into widescreen without remaking the whole game.
The REWiimakes will only be released in Japan though.

But: REmake is one of the best games ever, so you really should try it if you haven't.

REmake is perhaps on the Top 10 list of the 6th generation of console videogaming imo. Great game!

Edit:

is on the Top 10 list of the  6th generation of console videogaming : /

Around the Network

@Lord: So you rather play a game you have already played, than a new game?

I can't believe that. Rather than recycling things, every dev should be focusing on the strengths of the Wii, not trying to get a buck by giving us old games.

It's like saying wars have been going on since the beginning of humanity, so wars must be good, since they are still here.

Ports should stop, and it's even worse when those ports are games that you can still play on your system and are way cheaper.

Ports take up resources from the devs, devs who instead of making a game from the ground up focused on the Wii's processing capabilities, online functions and control outputs, rehash older games that will probably have motion controls forced into them as the game wasn't really thought for those controls when it was originally made. A new game on the same franchise but with the Wii in mind would be way better, but we know devs including Nintendo want to make a quick buck whenever there's a chance.

Still, I find that insulting, and I don't care for the people who never bought a GC or a PS2 and are wanting to play the games on the Wii. I bought a Wii to play games that made use of its strengths, I already own a GC.

Devs, stop being lazy and insulting and bring out new games that make the Wii justice, not quick ports.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

@ trestres I agree but... With Nintendo they are doing both. We have already gotten MP3 and now for people discovering MP for the first time will be able to add MP1 & 2 to their collection (and still enjoy the benefits the Wii controls bring to the series).

Ditto for Pikmin, the advantage the Wiimote IR controls bring this game are obvious and you can now get P1 & P2 while you wait for P3 to be finished.

Mario Tennis I would prefer to have an all new Wii version yes, but, again Mario Super Sluggers lacked online which was a deal breaker for me. In a case like that I'd sooner buy a GC port for 1/2 the price (with good Wii control implimentation) than a Wii version that neither adds much nor has online to justify a higher price.

That just leaves Donkey Kong and I'd never even heard of this game before. It's well reviewed but because it required the congo drums I'm sure it's sales were a fraction of what they could have been. Again I've no problem with this being released as a regular platformer now. Looks 100x's better than DK Jungle Beat. However, an all new DK Country game would be far better still.

Tres, that reasoning is bunk. The fact that we don't have one unified standard yet for video games means that games have to be rereleased or they're lost after a single generation. That borders on unthinkable.

@Khuutra: The Wii CAN play GC games, there's no need for those games again. That's why the Wii has a Virtual console and it's at the same time backwards compatible, so that you can play any games from their previous consoles, but releasing a game that you can already play and buy for so cheap is not acceptable. If the Wii didn't have the BC option, then I'd agree with you.

By your logic, Nintendo should stop making games already, since not everyone who owns a Wii had played their previous games, so they should be only making ports.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

No, I am saying that every generation of players should have the opportunity to play these games. Are any of the games in the GC Remakes still in print?

No.

QED. Next subject.

Well, then Nintendo should start porting every single of their GC games instead of making new games. Because, like you say, there's still people who will buy them.

I really believe that's what's going on. Besides Wii Sports Resort and the GC ports, I doubt we will see another Nintendo developed game for the Wii in 2009.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Whether you care for people who never got the chance to play those games,nintendo does(and they care for their paper as well,said it now b4 i get slandered).I always had a gamecube,gba or ps2 that I borrowed from a friend because my parents hated video games & I was too young 2 get em myself.But now,I've hussled for my own gamecube and now that I'm old enough to get stuff myself(cash being a reason I couldn't b4),I'm gonna get a wii with all the cube games I missed as wii remakes.Stop being so selfish!

I'll even get Twilight Princess Wii though I already beat the cube version because some old games,even if you already beat them,are just fun to replay.Of course I want some original,built for the wii from the ground up,3rd party,AAA titles as well but that doesn't mean I don't like the ports.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

trestres said:
Well, then Nintendo should start porting every single of their GC games instead of making new games. Because, like you say, there's still people who will buy them.

I really believe that's what's going on. Besides Wii Sports Resort and the GC ports, I doubt we will see another Nintendo developed game for the Wii in 2009.

That logic is so specious it is literally hurting my eyes to look at it. Making new games and porting old ones are not mutually exclusive endeavours. Nintendo has both the manpower and the money to do this on top of many other projects.

And, hey, would you mind if I quoted you? That really is gold.

Name me another project they got in the works :P

Their 2009 line-up is already out. Their In house games (1st and 2nd party) consist of GC ports and Wii Sports Resort.

They are making 7 last gen ports, that can take up a lot of resources. If you could name me another project they are working on that has been officially announced for the Wii, then I'd agree with you, but now everything is pretty much speculation and wishful thinking.

You can quote me if you like haha.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies