By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GC Remakes = Nintendo buying the 3rd parties some time.

RolStoppable said:
Gamerace said:
Actually my son had a GC but the only game he had that's being ported to Wii is Metroid Prime. Never had DK, Pikmin, Mario Tennis or even RE for that matter. So even for a former GC owner most of these titles are still 'new'.

Now I could goto the store tomorrow and get a GC version of RE & RE0 - there are on the shelves used, and I'm tempted, but I know I won't play them cause it'd mean being shackled to the Wii with a gamecube controller and having to sit on the floor. I'm not doing that. That was okay as a kid, but I'm not doing that now. 'side's I prefer the Wii controls to dual analog. I'd rather pay a little extra a have a Wii version. Too bad that the RE ports are only in Japan.

1. Try to find an extension cord for GC controllers if you don't want to sit on the floor.
2. The RE ports play exactly like the GC versions.
3. No RE game has had dual analog controls and the only RE game to benefit from IR pointing is RE4. All the other games would have to be completely redone.

That I didn't know.  I've only played RE4. I know the others control differently but not sure how they control.  If I can get an extension cord cheap (probably used too) then I may do just that.

Around the Network

I hate when they remaster old albums on CD. I own Quadrophenia on vinyl, and then The Who forced me to get it again on CD!!!

It sounded so much better that it made Pete Townshend cry, and I can listen to the CD in my car or rip it onto my iPod, but the point is: it already existed in 1973. And remastering old content for a new format is just about one thing: ripping off customers, amirite?

Oh, wait.

Nintendo just wants to see the market viability of Gamecube era games which never got a real chance, to have flexibility to fill in gaps on the release schedule, and simply to extend the shelf life of existing content.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Besides, I think this is more of a way for Nintendo to pad the release schedule precisely *because* third parties have dropped the ball so badly themselves.

Yeah but Bioshocks a port.

I didnt play Pikmin and it was born for IR pointer control. MP 1 2 are gonna be sick and Tennis should be cool too.

Depends on the port but i think these first few choices by Ninty show that THEY DO CARE about Wii functionality and what it can do for games.

It is probably also a lessson to third parties, get this shit right coz we can everytime.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

trestres said:
No more ports please. Not even from Nintendo.

You fail gaming history. We've had ports since the 2600. They've always been here.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

@Lord: So?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Well put it this way.

I have a Wii and live in New Zealand (thats a problem in itself lol)...... i didnt own a Gamecube, and its xtremely, xtremely, xtremely hard trying to find Nintendo stuff especially GC games like Pikmin, Mario sunshine, Melee, Metroid Prime etc etc.... HELL i cant even find a Gamecube Controller!

Thank god the Wii is now making an impact in NZ.

So to me these remakes are like heaven and with Motion Control implemented in them as being a plus.

On another side..i think 3rd Parties have missed these holidays as selling oppurtunity's, with only Wii Music & AC from Ninty.. 3rd Parties could have (and still can) sell truck loads this christmas.

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

RolStoppable said:
Gamerace said:
Actually my son had a GC but the only game he had that's being ported to Wii is Metroid Prime. Never had DK, Pikmin, Mario Tennis or even RE for that matter. So even for a former GC owner most of these titles are still 'new'.

Now I could goto the store tomorrow and get a GC version of RE & RE0 - there are on the shelves used, and I'm tempted, but I know I won't play them cause it'd mean being shackled to the Wii with a gamecube controller and having to sit on the floor. I'm not doing that. That was okay as a kid, but I'm not doing that now. 'side's I prefer the Wii controls to dual analog. I'd rather pay a little extra a have a Wii version. Too bad that the RE ports are only in Japan.

1. Try to find an extension cord for GC controllers if you don't want to sit on the floor.
3. No RE game has had dual analog controls and the only RE game to benefit from IR pointing is RE4. All the other games would have to be completely redone.

16:9 Widescreen + maybe improved framerate, improved controls etc etc..

Gamerace, I highly recommend buying the new Wii version of REmake (RE1). Don't listen to RolStoppable.

GamingChartzFTW said:
RolStoppable said:
Gamerace said:

16:9 Widescreen + maybe improved framerate, improved controls etc etc..

Gamerace, I highly recommend buying the new Wii version of REmake (RE1). Don't listen to RolStoppable.

The RE ports won't be widescreen (native at least) because they simply can't. REmake and RE0 have prerendered backgrounds that can't be made into widescreen without remaking the whole game.
The REWiimakes will only be released in Japan though.

But: REmake is one of the best games ever, so you really should try it if you haven't.

trestres said:
@Lord: So?

Don't give me that, "I'm going to pretend that's irrelevant," crap. This means ports aren't going away, and you know it.

Gamers vote for what they want with their wallets. Even Okami made a profit. Just the marketing ball was dropped both times.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs