By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GC Remakes = Nintendo buying the 3rd parties some time.

Recently, Reggie Fils-Aime said that some 3rd parties, "just don't get it".

Well, what better way to give them some time than delay the new, interesting IPs, and re-release ones people might/might not have been familiar with?

Nintendo is usually the scapegoat of poor 3rd party sales (even though the important ones are far from it) So Nintendo will delay the potential blockbusters they have waiting (like Tigers in shackles, that were owned by Kratos from God of War.) in order to let the 3rd parties eat from the proverbial "sales plate."

What's your theory?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

probably, just look at Capcom. Aside from Zack & Wiki, Capcom has been king of remakes. But, soon we will have Monster Hunter 3 and probably later this year when RE5 breaks, Wii will get announced some other high end Capcom game. Hopefully and ground up RE game.

I agree with all points so far.

But also it makes sense, Wii graphics aren't much above GC and Wii has a huge audience that never saw these games before. To many these will be effectively 'Greatest Hits'. They'll all sell very well. I just hope it doesn't lead 3rd parties to start porting every great PS2 game over.

Then again, I would buy RE, and RE0 if ported to Wii in NA and maybe some others as well as long as the price is right and controls are good. GTA:Compilation for Wii PLEASE.

No more ports please. Not even from Nintendo.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Ports sells well though, so why not?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Because we've played them several years ago, that's why.

DTG said:

No you didn't.

Umm....ports = playable years ago. The very definition of a port is something that has been playable before and is being recycled.

DTG said:
Umm....ports = playable years ago. The very definition of a port is something that has been playable before and is being recycled.

You didn't play them. Liar. I don't know why you lie all the time.

DTG said:

Too bad 3rd parties even Ninty themselves dont feel the same way...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg