By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says that there are now 14M PSN subscribers, more than that of XBL.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21145

Around the Network

The thread title mentions subscribers, but the article mentions accounts. A single subscriber can have many accounts. Also, it's comparing a recently released figure to one from half a year ago.

Try to represent the article a bit more transparently.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

@Gnac

Oh yes and you cant have more than one account on XBL?

mM

I didn't say you can't. I'm talking about the use of "subscribers" in the title when the article only mentions accounts.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

i'll add each one of them to my friend list

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Well actually I posted that for other reasons, since i know there is going to be the "Oh but there are people with 2 or 3 accounts, therefore there account logic is flawed", just to clarify to anyone trying to say that, you can have more than one account on both consoles.

mM

lol, that's because PSN is free w/ the PS3 and since up to this point those that are buying the PS3 are willing to spend $400-$600 on a game machine, I would bet that nearly 100% of them have internet. So it will always have a higher network attach rate.

Question is, who is making more $$ off of their networks? MS, Sony, or Nintendo.

MS has the annual membership costs + arcade and movies for some time now.
Sony has a smaller library of dl games than MS or Nin and just now started movie dl.
Nintendo has a larger dl game catalog than either from the best old school consoles.

hmmmm. I would bet MS is making the most $$ from it.

Is that really surprising since it's free?

@Superchunk

mhm...are you sure nintendo has a bigger game library on the virtual console than sony or microsoft? Are you saying this with evidence, or are you pulling it out of your a$$?

mM
leo-j said:
@Superchunk

mhm...are you sure nintendo has a bigger game library on the virtual console than sony or microsoft? Are you saying this with evidence, or are you pulling it out of your a$$?

I am 95% confident. Let's see... I'll look up some numbers and get back with ya.