By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NXE causing sound loss for HDMI users

Saw this on VG247 I was wondering is it happening to anyone here?

I dont use hdmi so mine is ok.

Sounds like a bummer though.

Heres the piece VG247.

The AVForums are currently awash with people complaining about a sudden loss of sound through HDMI after they installed the New Xbox Experience this week.

If you’re one of these people then don’t worry: apparently all you have to do is turn off the 360, take out the HDD, turn in on again, and while NXE boots up whack the hard drive back in again. It’s worth pointing out that this is a temporary fix only, as once you switch the machine off again, you’ll have to repeat the process next time you switch it on.

Although there were a few minor errors at launch, the mass implementation of NXE has gone rather smoothly, all things been told.

Microsoft has told X3F that it’s aware of the sound problem, and is currently looking into it.

Around the Network

I haven't had the problem. knock on wood.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

I haven't had this problem

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

no problem here or with my friends to who use hdmi.

No problem here.

Around the Network

i havent come across this problem, im on hdmi

Owner of PS3, Wii, Xbox360, NDS, PSP - Feel Free to add me on PSN or XBL :)

Both of mine work fine.

Perhaps this is only present on Shitty HDTV's with hdmi ports..........jk! Several of my friends havnt had any issues with there hdmi. I use HD component, so no problems here.

i use my hdmi socket for ps3.............so i wouldnt know...............these types of niggles will be ironed out over time 360 owners shouldnt be to worried

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Another variable in this could be that only certain models of tv are affected.