By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Animal Crossing: City Folk Sales Predictions

Well recent predictions of Wii games have been way off the mark.  Whehter it was CoD: WaW or GH: WT mine have been bad.  Probably cause I didn't fully understand the extent of Wii Fit and MK Wii domination.  However, Animal Crossing is a part of that kind of cult at least it was on the DS.  So it'll be interesting to see how it fares.  I don't think it'll obtain DS sales but I think it has a shot.  I mean outside of Japan the title did fairly well so it's got a base in Europe and America.

So as always first week, end of the year, and lifetime.  As a piece of data we know that 800,000 was shipped to Japan first week and about 200,000 of that was sold on the first day.  I'll only do FW and EotY for now:

First Week:

America- 200k

Europe/Other- 150k

Japan- 350k

Total- 700k

End of the Year:

America- 800k

Europe/Other- 700k

Japan- 1200k

Total- 2.7 million

Around the Network

Actually... I expect it to sell more then that in both Others and the Americas... Japan... Seems good...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

I think your predictions are right. I´m hoping for 300k at least in Japan, America and Others are harder to predict but I hope it does at least what you predicted, hopefully better

KylieDog said:
I dunno, its bundled with Wii Speak isn't it? Kind of throws a big "what?" into predictions.

I say 1.2 million by christmas.

You can buy the game itself for $50 or bundled with Wii Speak for $70.

I say it does more than 1.2M WW by Christmas. Maybe close to 2M.

I think Zucas' predictions are reasonable.

Around the Network

Japan - first day software sales

November 21st, 2008
Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii) - 117,000 (23%)
Animal Crossing: City Folk with Wii Speak (Wii) - 58,000 (20%)

Link

so 175,000 its first day in japan

5.9 million lifetime.

I don't really "get" Animal Crossing but when the DS version sold 10 million (approx), I wonder how many of that fanbase are punching themselves and each other in the face for a chance to play a new one...

Regardless, that's a lotta people - I'd imagine that it could make at least 1/5 of that before years end (2 mil) minimum.

Well once again I find outside of Japan this title very hard to predict. I mean in Japan it'll go 350k thereabouts first week and then sell pretty solidly for the rest of the year that should put it over a million by the end of the year.

But America and Europe is really hard to read for this title. I mean it's understandable that they'll open decently which is why I have the 200k and 150k first weeks but I have no idea how legs will do. I can't tell if it'll be overshadowed like every other title by Wii Fit and MK Wii. However this is a big Nintendo title unlike the other titles that are getting outdone. Not to mention its supposed to be Ninty's holiday title.

So right now I'm thinking that it'll at least do 1.75 million by the end of the year but could go as high as 3 million. Really just depends on America and E/O. And this has always been a legs franchise so whatever first week sales are it's not something to ever look to deep into with this franchise. All we need to know is it's starting off great in Japan. Doing about as much if not more than the DS version did in its opening week.

I expect it to sell a lot. More than 800k in NA by end of 08.

---