By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can the 360 outsell the Wii this Christmas?

well, the best buy I went to last night probably had like 60 X360's, and the Wii had 0. With my anecdotal evidence, it is obvious that the X360 will beat the Wii

In reality, they won't come close.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
it might if the somali pirates hijack all the wiis going to europe

I will see what i can do about this,

on-topic: no it is not happening

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
MrBubbles said:

9 out of 10 pirates prefer PSPs, so the odds of pirates affecting Wii shipments are slim.

MrBubbles said:

Don't forget about the ninja's in Japan who can make the Wii's mysteriously dissapear using smoke bombs...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

@wiiStation360 "9 out of 10 pirates prefer PSPs, so the odds of pirates affecting Wii shipments are slim." haha "slim", clever pun

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Around the Network
FreeTalkLive said:
Like MrBubbles said, it will require pirates to take control of Wii shipments. If the majority of Wii shipments for the rest of the year are stolen by pirates and then sunk to the bottom on the ocean in hidden locations, then there is a slight chance of Xbox 360 outselling Wii this season.

This could happen.  Somali pirates vs tanker w/ Wii's confirmed........

here is a fun fact for you....

last week wii sold 603,408 units world wide.
last year xbox's peak holiday sales were 589,617 units world wide

wii's last week sales > xbox's highest weekly sales LTD.

no chance in hell will the xbox 360 outsell the wii this holiday.

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weeks=156&weekly=1

No chance.

You have got to be kidding me.

If every container ship containing wiis were sunk or if it's a known that wii causes cancer then, yes xbox 360 can outsell wii this holiday season.