By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can the 360 outsell the Wii this Christmas?

Although I'm a die-hard PS3 fan I think X360 deserved better sales than Wii.

But as of this week's sales X360 sales would have to double to compete with Wii. I don't think they will increase that much.

Furthermore price cuts help X360 compete with PS3, but not with Wii. I always see two categories of consoles out there: the hardcore one (X360 and PS3) and the casual one (Wii). If people decide for the new concept of the casual console they will also buy it without even being informed about prices of the other consoles. If they decide for a hardcore console they will compare prices and then the cheaper one could be more interesting and attractive for them.

Around the Network

Only if the Wii is really supply constrained, but probably it won´t

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

No.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

no

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

Last time PS3 beat the Wii: June 08 - 1 week (MGS4 release)
Last time 360 beat the Wii: Sept-Oct 07 - 2 weeks (Halo 3 release)

Outside of pirates hijacking a boat containing the entire NA Wii holiday shipments, I do not see Sony or MS winning a week for a quite a while.

Around the Network

Not when the Wii is selling 2:1 in the states.

Microsoft could get *close* at one point or another and sell 65-70% of what the Wii is, but that's the best it'll do. Japan will be a runaway success for the Wii (comparatively), and the Wii will maintain strong margins against it's competitors.

The X360+PS3 will be lucky to maintain a 50% marketshare this Christmas.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

@ peraly

you do know that casual does not mean idiot. they do know the prices of other consoles they are simply not interested in them. especially with all the microsoft advertising aimed at casuals

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

woopah said:
@ peraly

you do know that casual does not mean idiot. they do know the prices of other consoles they are simply not interested in them. especially with all the microsoft advertising aimed at casuals

I'm not saying that casual means idiot. Please don't get me wrong. Actually we have the same opinion. What I mean is that people buy Wii for it's new concept which they definitely cannot get with PS3 or X360. When I decided to buy a PS3 I didn't care for Wii's price because it's another console with different priorities. I'm sorry if I expressed myself incomprehensibly in that post.

it might if the somali pirates hijack all the wiis going to europe

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Like MrBubbles said, it will require pirates to take control of Wii shipments. If the majority of Wii shipments for the rest of the year are stolen by pirates and then sunk to the bottom on the ocean in hidden locations, then there is a slight chance of Xbox 360 outselling Wii this season.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org