By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo magazine gives COD WAW a 92 percent

yushire said:
SHMUPGurus said:
RolStoppable said:
yushire said:
Well theres Quantum of Solace, 80,000 sales so far excuse my french but... WHAT THE F**K?!! O_o with local multiplayer even the online is lolable compared to COD: WAW and Red Steel so there are local FPS there on the Wii, even its only 2.

QoS has local multiplayer? Well, the game is a mess and a lot of core gamers aren't desperate and can wait longer instead of buying a halfassed game.

Timesplitter 2 and 3 had four player splitscreen and the option to add six bots. That was on the Gamecube.

Why does it seem impossible to achieve similar results on a more powerful hardware?

Hmmm, we all know the Wii is just a Xbox anyways, and other than Halo, what did the Xbox offer in terms of split-screen multiplayer? o_O

Not really, Wii is a GC 1.5 or GC 2.0. Xbox is only little gimped than the GC so what more if the GC is 2 times more power?

Shhhh!

>_>

<_<

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

^^^
I edited my last post BTW.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

RolStoppable said:
yushire said:

LOL no wonder it have 80,000 sales on the Wii so far. Just for proof:

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=21877&region=All

Gamers played the games because its not a half-assed port or because they compared it to the other versions. They play it for the way it is. JUST A GAME.

As for the splitscreen, I think 3rd parties should make that in sacrifice for very good graphics and just make a game with GC graphics. I know many core Wii owners dont want that, for me I dont mind GC graphics was quite good but many core Wii owners will be angry anyweay...

Sales of 80k after two weeks for a game in a popular genre on a userbase of 36m isn't anything to brag about. Especially if the game has nearly no competition at all. Actually I am not sure if you are saying that 80k is good or bad.

As for the graphics, third parties have yet to harness the power of the Wii, the results so far aren't even reaching GC quality (Timesplitters 2 is a game from 2002!). Okay, The Conduit is going beyond that, but it doesn't seem like the developers are confident that their engine can handle a four player splitscreen, so they still have got to do a lot of work.

For that kind of games, its actually good and Im sure theyre profiting from that. Simply because it isnt in gold or platinum doesnt mean it didnt sell. For what its worth it sells. Im actually expecting lower in that kind of game especially with yearly licensed games but Im surprised with the sales.

As for the splitscreen, LOL believe me the quality of graphics is lowered OVERTIME when you put it on splitscreen. Thats whats happened when me and my brother playing Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge, and TimesPlitters Future Perfect though Timespliters was a very good local multiplayer game though...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

RolStoppable said:
yushire said:

For that kind of games, its actually good and Im sure theyre profiting from that. Simply because it isnt in gold or platinum doesnt mean it didnt sell. For what its worth it sells. Im actually expecting lower in that kind of game especially with yearly licensed games but Im surprised with the sales.

As for the splitscreen, LOL believe me the quality of graphics is lowered OVERTIME when you put it on splitscreen. Thats whats happened when me and my brother playing Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge, and TimesPlitters Future Perfect though Timespliters was a very good local multiplayer game though...

I agree, for a bad game these sales are good, it should make a profit when all is said and done. The problem is that publishers are really wasting potential with their games, especially because there is no competition from Nintendo in the FPS sector. A well done FPS with local multiplayer can easily go platinum on the Wii. Heck, Red Steel did it and that wasn't even a good game.

It's common sense that the graphics in splitscreen modes are worse than in singleplayer modes, but due to the small size of each individual screen it's not that apparent when some details and effects are left out. The fun of playing the game with friends makes more than up for the loss in graphical quality anyway.

So do you want The Conduit to have splitscreen multiplayer? Even I can agree with that I dont care even the graphics are lowered than in single screen. But I think its too late for that. Seem HVS is doing the good thing for the wrong reasons, seem theyre into graphical feat that they dont know why the Wii FPS sells in the first place. Atleast it have 16 players online...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

RolStoppable said:
yushire said:
RolStoppable said:

I agree, for a bad game these sales are good, it should make a profit when all is said and done. The problem is that publishers are really wasting potential with their games, especially because there is no competition from Nintendo in the FPS sector. A well done FPS with local multiplayer can easily go platinum on the Wii. Heck, Red Steel did it and that wasn't even a good game.

It's common sense that the graphics in splitscreen modes are worse than in singleplayer modes, but due to the small size of each individual screen it's not that apparent when some details and effects are left out. The fun of playing the game with friends makes more than up for the loss in graphical quality anyway.

So do you want The Conduit to have splitscreen multiplayer? Even I can agree with that I dont care even the graphics are lowered than in single screen. But I think its too late for that. Seem HVS is doing the good thing for the wrong reasons, seem theyre into graphical feat that they dont know why the Wii FPS sells in the first place. Atleast it have 16 players online...

Yes, I want The Conduit to have local multiplayer, even though I am not interested in the game myself. I want the game to sell more than a million.

It's not too late to add multiplayer. The game might get delayed for a couple of months, but I don't think that anyone looking forward to this game would be upset if it is for the addition of local multiplayer.

I dunno about that but I think its possible, though if they do that we will not see The Conduit till the last quarter of 2009...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network

Well doesn't deserved a 92. I think IGN's 80 was a good score, but whatever. I'd play it more online right now but I've got Tales and Sonic haha. More important.

I wonder if COD: WAW have exclusive splitscreen multiplayer action? Will it sell?

E3 2010- Tape runs out