By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN reviews Chrono Trigger DS - 8.8

Khuutra said:
Garcian Smith said:
Meh. Played it on the PS1 and was bored out of my skull. I'll be saving my money for Fire Emblem, methinks.

The load times made the Playstation version into a chore. Do not let it ruin you to one of the best RPGs to ever come out of the land of the rising sun.

The load times didn't bother me.

The boring, strategy-bereft, monotonous combat system that had me sleeping through battles did.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
c03n3nj0 said:
I expected it to get a higher score...

But still as one of my must buys, I've never played Chrono Trigger before.

It battles with FF7 for greatness.

Garcian Smith said:
Khuutra said:
Garcian Smith said:
Meh. Played it on the PS1 and was bored out of my skull. I'll be saving my money for Fire Emblem, methinks.

The load times made the Playstation version into a chore. Do not let it ruin you to one of the best RPGs to ever come out of the land of the rising sun.

The boring, strategy-bereft, monotonous combat system that had me sleeping through battles did.

...That also gets better

Khuutra said:
Garcian Smith said:
Khuutra said:
Garcian Smith said:

...That also gets better

I played through the entire game, minus final boss and those optional side-quests at the end.

When is it supposed to get better, exactly?

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:
Khuutra said:
Garcian Smith said:
Khuutra said:
Garcian Smith said:

...That also gets better

I played through the entire game, minus final bosses and those optional side-quests at the end.

...Okay

Might not get better from where you stopped

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Garcian Smith said:
Khuutra said:
Garcian Smith said:
Khuutra said:
Garcian Smith said:

...That also gets better

I played through the entire game, minus final bosses and those optional side-quests at the end.

...Okay

Might not get better from where you stopped

He's bluffing it's a mega game no Fire Emblem even comes close.

One of the, if not THE, greatest games of all times.
Heres hoping the community shows this game full support,keeping the sequel dream alive
Until then, ill carry on with the slightly ridiculous sounding profile name

OT: IGN are idiots for not giving it at least a 9. What the hell has gone wrong with them of late?

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Party Monster said:

He's bluffing it's a mega game no Fire Emblem even comes close.

Yeah, sorry if I like some actual challenge and strategy in my games.

In terms of difficulty, Chrono Trigger is a kids' game.

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith---Ummm do you like any RPG's from that time? Because all the combat systems were pretty similar, and CT's was the second Fastest in my book (The fastest being Earth Bound, the Auto combat option was something that should be in every RPG)

I Do not really like RPGs that much, but for Chrono Trigger, I will always make the exception...unless they make a beach volleyball game or something...then I will be rather annoyed

I am also keen on what they did to the dialogue, should be stellar!