By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Home Now Looking Old?

I'm not insulted in the least :P Home isn't the New Playstation Experience. It's simply and additional service that you can "choose" to use :P

As dbot mentioned above, if you don't like the NEW XBOX EXPERIENCE DUN DUN DUN. That's sadly too bad for you :P Deal with it. Make a Mii...vatar...

If you don't get Home or like it in the slightest. Don't use it ^^ Life works :) Buy a playstation regardlessly :D LOL

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network
MikeB said:
I have a Bluetooth Cellphone headset ready for Home, but has anyone tried this yet?

How well do the touch sensitive keys work as a mouse replacement (for webbrowsing)?

Have you considered just getting a Logitech MediaBoard Pro?

Dryden said:
MikeB said:

Have you considered just getting a Logitech MediaBoard Pro?

Yes, but this is more compact and looking kind of cool.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

ssj12 said:
gebx said:
Pipedream24 said:
Torillian said:
NXE is a menu system with an avatar, while Home is an MMO. How can you even attempt to compare the two graphically? It's ridiculous. If you are talking about functions, well again I don't see how the two are very related at all.

No, Home is where grown men and women get to play dress up, play house, and host tea parties then try to justify it because it is done electronically instead of with a doll house and dolls.  On a side note I wish Microsoft would have left Live alone.  They took away it's simplicity and have added a lot of clutter.  Maybe I'll like it more over time, but the only thing that I like so far is the hard drive installs. 

You can dress up your avatar..

On a side note (not sure where else to complain), I actually think the Mii's are more advanced then the Avatars due to the fact that you could move facial features around. Avatars are actually simpler Mii's with an HD look...

Not that I really care, cause I think Pipedream's right, who cares what your "doll" is wearing when playing Gears of War 2/Left 4 Dead??

good to see you arent blind gebx.

Anyways it seems that PipeDream guy hasnt used HOME for what its main purpose is. To interact with other humans. I for one HATE using mics. I always have. Even as a former clan leader I never used my mic unless needed. Why open your mouth when no one cares about what your saying?

In HOME there are arcade games which are single player, developer made games for game areas, and then there are billards, bowling, and chess which are all multiplayer games. You can also get a group of people together and launch into games as a party (function unavailable at this time, v1.0 should have it though).

You're right, I interact with humans in this place called the "Real World".  It's pretty awesome.  You should check it out. I use my console to play games, not hang out.

ssj12 said:

good to see you arent blind gebx.

Anyways it seems that PipeDream guy hasnt used HOME for what its main purpose is. To interact with other humans. I for one HATE using mics. I always have. Even as a former clan leader I never used my mic unless needed. Why open your mouth when no one cares about what your saying?

In HOME there are arcade games which are single player, developer made games for game areas, and then there are billards, bowling, and chess which are all multiplayer games. You can also get a group of people together and launch into games as a party (function unavailable at this time, v1.0 should have it though).

1.  Wow.  Mics are an absolute necessity for Horde mode.  Too fast to even type if you had a keyboard.

2.  LOL.  Home will be neat.  But not for these reasons.  It will be for meeting people and I guess virtually hanging out.  But these things can and should be done easier from a menu.

Around the Network

Well I can safely say Im in the HOME beta, and at first I wasnt impressed since it was so "NEW" to me, but now that im getting used to HOME, its very good, actually it makes everything on the PS3 that isnt home look "OLD".

New experience, and the community is amazing, you can literally talk to like 60 people in one area, and its so fun lol

despite, 90% of HOME's features being locked for server tests, its still alot better than the XMB imo

mM