By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Home Now Looking Old?

@Chrono It would be great if Sony implemented a type of area specific environment so the kids could be here, the hardcore could be here, casuals here, game industry here, this type of business here, and include an overall like XBL in Home to overlap so ppl can meet everyone. I hate to play with small kids and utterly annoyances in the background so a database sys. functionality would be key.

Around the Network

@Halo, yeah some of that would be awesome :P I'm not sure what Sony's planning for home, and since it's a service, it will be expanding all the time, so who knows :)

I think they're going to do something of that sort though, because I have a feeling they're not just going to target the gamers, there will probably be an entire Movie'd out section of home as well, not as elaborate as the gaming community I'm sure (because were friggin awesome ^_~ ) but maybe something :P There's just so many directions and possibilities that home could fulfill :P It's just fascinating ^^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

MikeB said:
I have a Bluetooth Cellphone headset ready for Home, but has anyone tried this yet?

How well do the touch sensitive keys work as a mouse replacement (for webbrowsing)?

That was delayed

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

LOL @ Gebx :) I like that in your quoted text Naughty Dog used the terms "Think, and Probably" but anywho~

I can't imagine that add-on being to useful anyways xD WTF with the keys on top of the controller :/ My thumbs can't reach that xD

ChronotriggerJM said:

@Sega, well good lord I would hope so :P It's like beta-ing a chat lobby xD Home is merely an interactive interface for a community based on playing games :P I think I might change "playing" to interacting, and as a service, I'm not really sure how it could be "boring" xD It's not a game LOL

LMFAO you can call it what ever you want, it's still boring as hell.

Give me: click on friends list to add friend to game any day of the week.

For those that want the Home Beta, go into your favorte MMO, stand in the city and dance, minus the bubble machine.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

LOLOL mmmmmmk then :P You do know this is just a network service right? Should you choose that you don't like Home, don't use it :) Go to your friend's list (which is only people you know ^^ ), send them messages, then invite them to games :P It's not hard. Then for those of us, who think talking to people isn't "boring as hell", we can enjoy a free service provided to us as another way to interact with our video games :P

The NXE looks too similar to the Mii. So to answer the original question, no Home does not look old compared to the NXE.

I could care less about avatars, bubble machines, and dancing. I will leave those features for the younger gamers to get excited about. The only thing that interests me about the new direction that consoles are moving in is the game spaces offered within Home. If these spaces are well done and supported, I will spend most of my Home time there. If not, at least I won't have to look at it everytime I turn on my PS3.

Can 360 users still use the blade interface? I seem to recall a lot of threads about how great/innovative the blade interface was. It would be a shame if MS just scrapped it.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:
The NXE looks too similar to the Mii. So to answer the original question, no Home does not look old compared to the NXE.

I could care less about avatars, bubble machines, and dancing. I will leave those features for the younger gamers to get excited about. The only thing that interests me about the new direction that consoles are moving in is the game spaces offered within Home. If these spaces are well done and supported, I will spend most of my Home time there. If not, at least I won't have to look at it everytime I turn on my PS3.

Can 360 users still use the blade interface? I seem to recall a lot of threads about how great/innovative the blade interface was. It would be a shame if MS just scrapped it.

Well they did.  Any new update is required if a gamer wants to utilize Live.  It is all about the NXE now...

ChronotriggerJM said:
LOLOL mmmmmmk then :P 1) You do know this is just a network service right? Should you choose that you don't like Home, don't use it :) 2)Go to your friend's list (which is only people you know ^^ ), send them messages, then invite them to games :P It's not hard. Then for those of us, who think talking to people isn't "boring as hell", we can enjoy a free service provided to us as another way to interact with our video games :P

1)Ok lets try this again: "LMFAO you can call it what ever you want, it's still boring as hell"

2) I thought I stated that already when I said "Give me: click on friends list to add friend to game any day of the week."

I mean it as if you didn't even read what I typed...

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

SHMUPGurus said:
^ But seriously, Home is obviously going to come out the winner here. Home is a ''software'', the NXE is just a UI upgrade.

It's a stupid fight, I still wonder why reask did it though. :/

I just came in from work and seen the amount of responses to my thread.

I think it is only fair to answer to the responses given.

shmup said.It's a stupid fight, I still wonder why reask did it though. :/

The truth is I had been having a few beers and maybe a few too many at that.

I really meant xmb but was probably too pi**ed to distinguish which was which.

Basically I was an ar**hole who should have left the PC alone.

Apoligies to everyone concerned and I hope it doesnt happen again.

If a mod wants to lock this now and ban me I will say fair enough and know I deserved it.

@ Sony owners. sorry for insulting your upcoming experience and I hope you all enjoy it.