By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Home Now Looking Old?

this is like read a Batman Comic book and compare the experience with watch a Blu-Ray Dark Knight special edition on a 42" bravia.

see ya

Around the Network
Josekenshin said:
this is like read a Batman Comic book and compare the experience with a Blu-Ray Dark Knight special edition on a 42" bravia and a Home.

see ya

An old Batman comic, or a new one?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

wait what? NXE is a new UI that finally brings the 360's GUI a modern look (XMB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dashboard. heck, it even won an Emmy...), adds a copy of Miis, and a few other perks (party/netflix/installs) the latter two of which have nothing to do with the UI/Home. (though I AM jealous of installs >:| )

So yes, Home is old, but NXE doesn't put Sony in catch-up mode anymore than they already were to XBL. If anything, it make XBL look bad by playing catchup to Sony and Ninty.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

SpartanFX said:
can you attend E3 conference(gaming conference in general) from your coach with NXE and play exclusive on the floor demos?

Are you referring to Bringing it Home?

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/07/02/microsoft-will-be-bringing-it-home-during-e3/

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Any comics i mean you just can´t compare an avatar system and a new Dash with a totally free 3d world, Home brings many goods things the kind of things that take time.

Around the Network

^ But seriously, Home is obviously going to come out the winner here. Home is a ''software'', the NXE is just a UI upgrade.

It's a stupid fight, I still wonder why reask did it though. :/

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

gebx said:
Pipedream24 said:
Torillian said:
NXE is a menu system with an avatar, while Home is an MMO. How can you even attempt to compare the two graphically? It's ridiculous. If you are talking about functions, well again I don't see how the two are very related at all.

No, Home is where grown men and women get to play dress up, play house, and host tea parties then try to justify it because it is done electronically instead of with a doll house and dolls.  On a side note I wish Microsoft would have left Live alone.  They took away it's simplicity and have added a lot of clutter.  Maybe I'll like it more over time, but the only thing that I like so far is the hard drive installs. 

You can dress up your avatar..

On a side note (not sure where else to complain), I actually think the Mii's are more advanced then the Avatars due to the fact that you could move facial features around. Avatars are actually simpler Mii's with an HD look...

Not that I really care, cause I think Pipedream's right, who cares what your "doll" is wearing when playing Gears of War 2/Left 4 Dead??

good to see you arent blind gebx.

Anyways it seems that PipeDream guy hasnt used HOME for what its main purpose is. To interact with other humans. I for one HATE using mics. I always have. Even as a former clan leader I never used my mic unless needed. Why open your mouth when no one cares about what your saying?

In HOME there are arcade games which are single player, developer made games for game areas, and then there are billards, bowling, and chess which are all multiplayer games. You can also get a group of people together and launch into games as a party (function unavailable at this time, v1.0 should have it though).

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I don't think you can really compare them... Home is lots more than avatars and UI update, to be honest, even though I have no interest in it.

Squilliam said:
Smashed said:
Squilliam said:
So home goes into an open beta at the end of the year?

How exactly is a MMO type environment going to work out if users don't have either a standard keyboard or a standard microphone to communicate?

I will check it out, but im not holding my breath for anything spectacular.

Integrated keyboard? It's not like its impossible to communicate without a mic or keyboard.

Smoke signals? No seriously without Mics and/or real keyboards how exactly is it going to take off? You can type with the PS3 controller but damn its slow!

buy a usb keybord... ?or a headset ? (or bluetooth)

Ofcourse not, that would be the obvious solution !

Check out my game about moles ^

funny, i just forget about ps3 have home, just be patience, 2009 will be the year
if not there still 2010,

patience is good.

but i think sony can create anything, but if they don't have reliable infrastructure, then Home will be useless.