By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If SONY was too pull out of the Console war?

Pristine20 said:
halogamer1989 said:
Pristine20 said:
halogamer1989 said:
Pristine20 said:
halogamer1989 said:
Sony is so deep in the red right now that they will have to keep PS3 out for 10+ years at a minimum. I don't think they will pull out anytime soon but if they did, I would not care.

You'd probably bite those words. If sony leaves, there won't be any more NXE's, aggressive courtship of 3rd parties, netflixes, cheaper live costs or price cut after price cut from M$. I hope I don't have to explain why.

I play games for fun and epicness---not for the manufacturer of the console.

I see you didn't understand. Why do you think sony introduced a network adapter back in the ps2 era? Answer: the COMPETITION was encroaching on ps2 territory by offering online services.

Now, why do you think M$ and sony have improved their consoles so much since launch and Ninty has barely done anything?

Even if you don't see it, there won't be a $200 dollar 360 right now if sony didn't exist.

Well i understand the capitalism of it.  If that was the case I would still have my 360 and my older Sega and Ninty consoles + my PS, and PC so I would be fine.

The point I was trying to make is that, regardless of what you play on or how you play, you should always hope the competition stays viable so the company you entrust your business to doesn't shit on your head because they're running a monopoly. Either way, you'd be best served if competition exists, so not caring if the competition ceases to exist is lacking foresight. As much as I love sony product quality, I know that they're upping the ante in gaming this gen only because of M$.

For example, notice how Internet Explorer has started getting so many improvements since all these other browsers started popping out left and right.

True.  Competition provides for a better product in the long run and weeds out those who can't stand the heat.

Around the Network

wtf ????? this turned out to be a fued LOL

*quickly signs out with laughter*

Pristine20 said:
halogamer1989 said:
Sony is so deep in the red right now that they will have to keep PS3 out for 10+ years at a minimum. I don't think they will pull out anytime soon but if they did, I would not care.

You'd probably bite those words. If sony leaves, there won't be any more NXE's, aggressive courtship of 3rd parties, netflixes, cheaper live costs or price cut after price cut from M$. I hope I don't have to explain why.

...And Microsoft would just give up against Nintendo why, exactly?

Million said:

Sony is far more capable of sustaining losses in their gaming division even for multiple generations ( let's also take into consideration that the $3.5 billion figure is for this generation alone , the previous 2 Sony consoles were both succesful ) , Sony has various sources of revenue whilst Nintendo generates revenue mostly largley from gaming.

Yeah, their investors will be totally happy about this, that's for sure

Khuutra said:
Pristine20 said:
halogamer1989 said:

M$ has worked hard to appeal to the "hardcore" gamer since the inception of the xbox brand. You think they'll risk flipping the script and losing consumers next-gen when they finally caught their stride. Judging from M$'s press conferences, sony is their main competition in the gaming industry.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
damn i would turn into pc gamming.

The irony here is you be turning to M$. Probably something you were trying to avoid with that statement.

Pristine20 said:
Khuutra said:
Pristine20 said:
halogamer1989 said:

M$ has worked hard to appeal to the "hardcore" gamer since the inception of the xbox brand. You think they'll risk flipping the script and losing consumers next-gen when they finally caught their stride. Judging from M$'s press conferences, sony is their main competition in the gaming industry.

Yes. That's why NXE exists. Mindshare in line with what the Wii is doing.

If you don't think they're going to try to go after Nintendo when the next generation hits, I'm not sure what to tell you.