By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If SONY was too pull out of the Console war?

I was just wondering, If Sony was too pull out of the console war sometime down the road. I don't think Sony as a company will pull out of gaming. Seeing as they have so many first class development studios, they can be very profitable just being a software company. They own so many franchises that they could just live off them. While I don't believe they're pulling out anytime soon, as I believe they're working on the PS4 at the moment. But if that somehow fails. Then they can just fall back and start developing software for one of the other companies. If they make enough money, then they can have another shot later at consoles lol.

Who here agrees? Me being a Playstation fanboy however, would not like to see them ever pulling out though lol.

Around the Network

I don't think they will pull because people were saying the same thing about nintendo last gen with the gamecube....they will bounce back next gen and (hopefully) learn from their mistakes

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

I hope they never pull out. The Sony brand is huge, and more competition is great for the gaming industry.

damn i would turn into pc gamming.

This generation was all just a test Sony did with the PS3 and they did everything the complete opposite of the PS1 and PS2 just to see the outcome, which wasn't very good which you may all notice and they now know what went wrong and how to improve that with the PS4, so next generation should be good for Sony.

OT: I suppose your right they could skip a generation to try and regain profits with there software then get right back into it again, but the only problem is, that there probably going to have to sell all that software to Microsoft or Nintendo

Around the Network

Well Sega are still going,

Very unlikely. Sony has experienced how much money can be made from consoles so this is unlikely. Another unlikely scenario: loss-leading strategy next-gen

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I hope they won't do that. Competition is good for gamers. :)

Pristine20 said:
Very unlikely. Sony has experienced how much money can be made from consoles so this is unlikely. Another unlikely scenario: loss-leading strategy next-gen

They have also experience how much money can be lost. Havn't they lost everything they made from the PS2 era?

Gilgamesh said:

This generation was all just a test Sony did with the PS3 and they did everything the complete opposite of the PS1 and PS2 just to see the outcome, which wasn't very good which you may all notice and they now know what went wrong and how to improve that with the PS4, so next generation should be good for Sony.

Que? Do you have a link from somebody from Sony saying this, or are you making excuses for them?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.