By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Crap, the market is melting down badly again

Dammit, the dow is down to 7500 now. This is seriously bad. I don't know what to say except this is scary bad now.

Around the Network

Down the toilet some might say

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

the down is down 7500 ...

Fine, I don't get this..

Take my love, take my land..

Simulacrum said:
the down is down 7500 ...

Fine, I don't get this..

It was a typo.

I'm kind of suprised how little discussion there is about this. We are on the edge of a depression that hasn't been seen in any of our lifetimes. Unless there are 80+ year old people on VGChartz.

In general, things can only get better once you do hit rock bottom. It will also cause certain people to smarten up for the future. Ha as long as I can keep my job and keep making progress (hell, I just got a promotion today) Then things will be real good once economic conditions let up.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Around the Network

So the economy will almost stop? People will cease to buy stuff, so a lot of people will lose their jobs right?

What is happening in the markets haven't really translated to the main street YET. It's easy to say things will get better when the market bottoms, but right now we don't know where the bottom is. And it might not get much better even if that bottom is reached, since it took many years to recover from the last depression.

lightbleeder said:
So the economy will almost stop? People will cease to buy stuff, so a lot of people will lose their jobs right?

Yeah, pretty much.

Things do not look good :(

4 ≈ One

Yeah I just saw the stock report on the news, not very promising. And the Big Three in Detroit are fucked.