By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Others numbers adjusted....

mrstickball said:
Munkeh111 said:
How come the Xbox is getting such a large boost and the PS3 is being left in the dust..... maybe this is a delayed effect of the price cut. I still think Sony need to cut the price by $100 or they could fall a long way behind

Eventually, when you have a lot of things going right for you (affordable price, good gaming library), you start to get traction.

Up until now, all Sony has had is brand name, and a bunch of empty DVD cases of games that never came to the console, and broken promises. It's finally catching up to them.

Sony did this to themselves. It's sad to see Sony getting (virtually) throttled, but it's well-deserved from their mistakes. Sega paid dearly. Nintendo paid dearly. Microsoft payed dearly. Now it's Sony's turn.

You spelled paid two different ways in a matter of four words, lool.

Around the Network

Fixed :-p

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Munkeh111 said:
How come the Xbox is getting such a large boost and the PS3 is being left in the dust..... maybe this is a delayed effect of the price cut. I still think Sony need to cut the price by $100 or they could fall a long way behind

You think sony in it's current condition is still worried about a rat race? They've already conceded. PR just doesn't like bearing bad news so don't expect more than silence.

Besides, are you kidding with the $100 price cut? Do you want the whole of sony to collapse? Is 3.5bln not enough?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Umm they quickly change when they ondertrack the 360 but never adjust when they undertrack the ps3, This website trend to overtrack the 360 alsmot weakly but they never chege it back but quickly chage the ps3 back when is overtrack it.

selnor said:
Holy SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100k over PS3.

RIP PS3.

Sorry Sony fans, I will gloat no more. But that has all but nailed the lid on the coffin for 3rd place. Next week may even be as high as 140-150,000 lead over PS3. TLR comes out in Japan.

Sure it'll take 3rd place. However, R.I.P. ps3 is taking it too far. Sorry to inform you but the black box will be around.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
selnor said:
Holy SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100k over PS3.

RIP PS3.

Sorry Sony fans, I will gloat no more. But that has all but nailed the lid on the coffin for 3rd place. Next week may even be as high as 140-150,000 lead over PS3. TLR comes out in Japan.

Sure it'll take 3rd place. However, R.I.P. ps3 is taking it too far. Sorry to inform you but the black box will be around.

I didnt mean it literally. :) I just took the oppurtunity to say it. I remember all the times for the last 2 years when The silly fanboys (not you) could not fathom PS3 not outselling the 360. But well read my sig.

selnor said:
Pristine20 said:
selnor said:
Holy SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100k over PS3.

RIP PS3.

I didnt mean it literally. :) I just took the oppurtunity to say it. I remember all the times for the last 2 years when The silly fanboys (not you) could not fathom PS3 not outselling the 360. But well read my sig.

Fair enough. If the 360 can keep the 100k lead week after week then the 6.5mil is  completely guaranteed.

Pristine20 said:
selnor said:
Pristine20 said:
selnor said:
Holy SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100k over PS3.

RIP PS3.

Fair enough. If the 360 can keep the 100k lead week after week then the 6.5mil is  completely guaranteed.

Yeah I agree. I think next week could be around 150,000 gap. TLR is released so Japan will certainly go up. And the 360 will only climb up in Others and America to week on week up to christmas. whereas it looks as though the PS3 will struggle in Others and Americas to climb as fast as the 360.

Remember the thread I made about the economic crisis this christmas and how it would affect PS3 in Others and Americas? I believe before Christmas is here the 360 may get close to a 200,000 gap on 1 or 2 weeks. If it's higher then I worry for future 3rd party releases on PS3's console. M$ would have no problem getting exclusives. Whereas Sony would really struggle. Also MGS4 port would look more like not being fantasy with a gap of nearly 7 mill. Even FF13 versus in every region but Japan on 360 wouldnt be out of reach if M$ keep killing Sony like this.

Wow.

It is a dire situation for the triple.

Drop the price dammit.

I'm not counting the ps3 out in the race with 360...yet... It ain't over til it's over.