By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GTA4: DLC - The Lost and the Damned

While last night's story from USA Today is all well and good, we prefer to get our news about the upcoming The Lost and Damned DLC for the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV directly from Rockstar itself. Why? Because the Rockstar official press release is free from any journalistic meanderings, and it comes with nice, lovely, giant-sized screenshots of the content and a nice white logo we can put on top of all of it. Completely loving the whole biker gang vibe these shots are giving off. Makes me want to hop on a hog myself, and then quickly hop off before I kill myself. Hit the jump for a gallery of the new screens.

GTA: The Lost and the Damned Gallery

Rockstar Games Announces its First Episode of Downloadable Content for Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned

New York, NY – November 20, 2008 – Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that the eagerly anticipated first episode of downloadable content, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned, will be coming to the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system via Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network. Available exclusively on Xbox LIVE worldwide on February 17, 2009, The Lost and Damned will feature all new content and is the first of two episodes announced for Grand Theft Auto IV on Xbox 360.

“Making these episodes has enabled us to expand the narrative and the experience of interacting with a game world in really innovative ways,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “We hope fans of the game enjoy the new way of experiencing life in Liberty City contained in this first episode.”

Since its launch in April, Grand Theft Auto IV has garnered unprecedented praise and acclaim worldwide. Developed by series creator Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, The Lost and Damned features a new main character and plot that intersects with the storyline of Grand Theft Auto IV; new missions that offer an entirely fresh way to explore Liberty City with new multiplayer modes, weapons and vehicles; and a diverse soundtrack with additional music – all with the incredible production values that are the trademarks of Grand Theft Auto.

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned requires players to have the full version of Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE membership to download. Further details, including pricing, will be announced soon. For more information, please visit www.rockstargames.com/IV/

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

Around the Network

haha..I was just about to post this. I will add what I think later, because I'm at work..lol

bunch of missions, huh. I doubt that anyone will be able to finish it. My opinion of course.

I forgot about about the DLC for this game for a second there. Also I thought that this was coming out this year anyways. Guess Microsoft doesn't really need it to come out this year since they won this year. Another reason why the 360 will be a considerable option to go for instead of the PS3 in 2009. This might even have a slight possibility to move a small amount of consoles for each episode launch.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

They're releasing it on the same day as Killzone 2

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
Derixs said:

...The Lost and Damned features a new main character and plot that intersects with the storyline of Grand Theft Auto IV; new missions that offer an entirely fresh way to explore Liberty City with new multiplayer modes, weapons and vehicles; and a diverse soundtrack with additional music – all with the incredible production values that are the trademarks of Grand Theft Auto.

well now that we know what the dlc is anyone else think MS payed way too much for this?  i mean..whoopty-fucking-doo.

How many episodes are scheduled for release ?

Wow nice... They used "Fresh" and "Innovated" in this article. I hope that is true... New Weapons and Vehicles were a given but please give me my tank!!

Cypher1980 said:
How many episodes are scheduled for release ?

As it stands now, two.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
kitler53 said:
Derixs said:

...The Lost and Damned features a new main character and plot that intersects with the storyline of Grand Theft Auto IV; new missions that offer an entirely fresh way to explore Liberty City with new multiplayer modes, weapons and vehicles; and a diverse soundtrack with additional music – all with the incredible production values that are the trademarks of Grand Theft Auto.

well now that we know what the dlc is anyone else think MS payed way too much for this?  i mean..whoopty-fucking-doo.

Well there is a second expansion coming in the future also, and we don't know what that'll bring yet. Still though, even if both are simply side stories, or they are islands, or they are Vice City and San Andreas, or they are horse armor, it doesn't matter. The only way MS would have paid too much is if this doesn't pan out in sales.

P.S.: I'm not positive but wasn't the $50 million a loan?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.