Forums - Website Topics - Numbers format messed up on homepage

Welcome blazinhead89, logout
Users online: 1,589
(266 Members, 1,323 Guests)
High Score: 4,473

Site search: Game search:

Anyone else look like this?

Around the Network

Any one esle have this problem, whats wrong?

What browser are you using?

The front page looks fine for me (using Firefox)

Signature goes here!

Im using firefox. i dislike IE

The home page looks fine for me, but funnily, but in this thread (and only this thread, in ever other thread it looks fine), the side bar looks like this. I'm using Firefox, by the way

Around the Network

my guess (talonman would probably know the answer) is a server load issue. I saw something similar right before talonman cut off the new sigs.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I have a similar issue with FF on Linux, while FF on Windows shows VGC's home page just fine... Maybe it's a problem of missing fonts?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
I have a similar issue with FF on Linux, while FF on Windows shows VGC's home page just fine... Maybe it's a problem of missing fonts?

When I use Ubuntu Linux and don't install MS Core Fonts (I think that was the name), the sales numbers and the format looks broken.

The MS Core Fonts fixes it. I also think there is open versions of MS fonts out there that might work.

Tuulikk said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

When I use Ubuntu Linux and don't install MS Core Fonts (I think that was the name), the sales numbers and the format looks broken.

The MS Core Fonts fixes it. I also think there is open versions of MS fonts out there that might work.

Hey, thanks a lot, it solved! I suspected it was a missing fonts issue, but not knowing the packet name simply searching "fonts" with the packet manager gave far too many results.

For those interested too in this issue, the packet's complete name is "msttcorefonts", "Microsoft True Type Core Fonts" in the packet description.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Tuulikk said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Hey, thanks a lot, it solved! I suspected it was a missing fonts issue, but not knowing the packet name simply searching "fonts" with the packet manager gave far too many results.

For those interested too in this issue, the packet's complete name is "msttcorefonts", "Microsoft True Type Core Fonts" in the packet description.

No problem. :) Good that it did work out! What Linux based system do you use?

Another solution would be having the fonts on VGC changed to something that already exist in Linux from start, but the problem might be that no font would look as good as it does now.