By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo: Wii price cut not necessary

Nintendo of America chief Reggie Fils-Aime has said this week that that there are no plans afoot to reduce the price of the Wii console anytime soon. This despite Microsoft's aggressive moves with the Xbox 360 (now cheaper than the Wii).

http://play.tm/news/22302/wii-price-cut-denied-by-nintendo/

Around the Network

Can you blame them? I can't.

Smart business decision. Why reduce the price if they still can't meet the quantity demanded? (I'm aware of the stockpiling, however, I am also of the opinion that the Wii will be sold out come December.) That is all I have to say.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

The dont have any reason to lower the price.

Not to mention Nintendo can produce other colors for the Wii.
Reducing price at this point is the dumbest move they could do.

Around the Network

Lowering the price would create more demand which they have yet to meet. Also like Rol said,(paraphasing here)the value of a console only goes up as the library increases. Maybe there will be a price change in early '10. :D

Pixel Art can be fun.

I think the title says it all.

No price cut is necessary.

Now next year by this time -- maybe.
Two years from now -- probably.

But not now.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

They will cut the price when demand drops down, but that's not gonna happen any time soon. So, nothing new, really...

Stating the obvious. Nice.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I agree the Wii doesn't need a price cut. It's still selling like hot cakes. I sold my Wii used for $300 that tells you something right there. I don't see 360s and PS3s selling used for more then the price of a new unit.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus