By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Shaun Whites - what a game!!

got Shaun Whytes yesterday and spent 4 - 5 hours playing it with the old balance board last night and gotta say what a game.  This is now in the short but highly acclaimed list of - Wii must own third party titles where it joins Zak & wiki and no More Heroes.

The learning cuve for both pulling the tricks off and landing them is fairly steep if you want to really get the hang of it and get both goals for each challenge yet easy to get the first goal if you want to just move on quickly.  The challenges so far are quite short yet a nice length where you get pulled into that just one more go effect with the first option you get after finishing is restart.

Most importantly the controls with the balance board really work - even though it suggeted I started on medium sensitivity and I had to put it straight up to high, I would really recommend this game to anyone who has Wii Fit and loves SSX.

Around the Network

shit man, i want this game now. So you didnt find the BB controls a problem? overly sensitive?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Maybe I'll pick this up when Wii Fit supply catches up to demand in 2010. :P

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Well see only now are people that didn't buy it are going oh shit maybe i should have bought it. Well good luck with that

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

i want this game but only if get a balance board

Around the Network

Weird Wii review on IGN gives much more praise to the PS3/XBox360 versions in all catagories, yet the Wii has a much higher score.

Damn it, I need a balance board!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

megaman79 said:
shit man, i want this game now. So you didnt find the BB controls a problem? overly sensitive?

no - the balance tests on wii fit are a lot more sensitive than the control on here.  3 of us all playing had to use the high sensitivy setting option and found it to control really well.

I didn't get Wii fit, fell off my radar... I was going to tell my employee to pick four up but then I hear it takes up 2 ports, but then I remember that E3 with Wii Music and... then my mind was filled with Monster Hunter Tri...

Long story short when I see Wiifit I'll pick this game up and it.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

MIght get that along with Cod:Waw this weekend, god i've got so many gaming purchase ahead of me in december.