By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Afrika heading to U.S., National Geographic to publish!"

"PSU: "Remember Afrika? Well, it's Afrika no longer; meet National Geographic: Africa.

National Geographic is jumping headfirst into the gaming industry by snagging the publishing rights to the PS3 wildlife photography title, which is expected to launch in North America next month. There's no word on a European release just yet.

National Geographic Games also announced it has partnered with Namco Bandai Games America and Sony Computer Entertainment to publish and distribute future National Geographic-branded titles globally on major gaming consoles and handheld devices, including the Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 3 and PSN, PCs and mobile devices such as the iPhone."

My Personal Opinion: Better late then never.

Around the Network

i was reading the other day they were going to get more into the game business...i had figured it was just going to be shitty games on the computer.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Wait wait wait,

so the game will officially be called "National Geographic:Africa"?

Does anybody else think what little sales this game would have gotten just became even less?

At least with "Afrika" it had that "ooo, Africa but spelled with a K...gotta try this" now it's "wtf? I don't want to learn in my PS3 games....although, there might be some pictures of half-naked African women in there...hmm..."

o.0 ....

"National Geographic Games also announced it has partnered with Namco Bandai Games America and Sony Computer Entertainment to publish and distribute future National Geographic-branded titles globally on major gaming consoles and handheld devices, including the Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 3 and PSN, PCs and mobile devices such as the iPhone."

no 360/Live mentioned by name?
odd...maybe they just implied it as a given

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

lol retarded name change. Btw it's very funny seing a Sony developed game published by another company lol. Erm.. Yeah, i dunno.. I think they must have paid a bit of cash to sony for that.

Check out my game about moles ^

Awsome I have been waiting for this game to be sent across the Pacific. It will be a day one purchase for me. Hopefully they will also bring Aquanauts to the US too.

It would be very nice to see more games based on different parts of the world. Hopefully they will have New Zeland, Austrailia, Scottland, and more.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Good, I always thought this looked pretty cool.

I hope they make additional locations. I'd love a rain forest version.

Are there any reviews out for the Japanese version?

Uh oh, I just bought the Hong Kong version of Aquanaut's Holiday, don't tell me that game will be released in the US as well ey... ? Oh well its in English as well but perhaps the translation in the HK version kinda suck. Will soon find out. Good news Africa is coming to the Western side anyway.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo