By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Am I the only person who HASN'T gotten the RRoD?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Onyxmeth said:

All signs point to you having a better chance of not having an RROD than having one, so it shouldn't be a surprise that there are consoles that haven't had the epidemic. 30% RROD means that there are 70% of users out there unaffected.

I would dare say that right now RROD is down to 10%. Jasper will help decrease the numbers even more.

Still hideous. 

And do you mean across all models currently still working, or the rate for newly purchased consoles?

Around the Network
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Onyxmeth said:

All signs point to you having a better chance of not having an RROD than having one, so it shouldn't be a surprise that there are consoles that haven't had the epidemic. 30% RROD means that there are 70% of users out there unaffected.

I would dare say that right now RROD is down to 10%. Jasper will help decrease the numbers even more.

Still hideous. 

And do you mean across all models currently still working, or the rate for newly purchased consoles?

10% of consoles period. You do know that people replace consoles right? This is what the new warranty was for. Jasper is to make it even lower than 10%. The falcon chip brought the numbers down about 20%.

Had my elite since they came out. Never had a problem...

@OP

You arent the only one. I have had an 360 for a while and it hasnt RRoD'ed yet. Of course its basically just holding down a shelf and collecting dust. On another note, my much used 60 GB PS3 died this week, a very sad day indeed.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

I've had mine for nearly two years and haven't had one.  It sits in a poorly ventilated spot and gets a lot of use.

Around the Network

I've got a launch system and it's still alive somehow.

In spite of my abuses, my 360 still lives after almost a year.

Tease.

I've had two 360s — one I just picked up this summer and one I had from a couple years back. I've never had a problem with either of them.

LEFT 4 DEAD - November 17th

My first 360 only lasted for 3 days before It RRoD'ed
I brought it back and the new one hasn't given me any issues yet.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

I bought my console on 12/22/05. Still no RRoD.

But I actually WANT it before my 3 year RRoD warranty expires. My GPU has been acting up, but no matter what I do (within reason, of course) will make it die. I have a bad feeling about my coming deadline ...