By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 1 software

@The Anarchyz
FFVIII was nice despite the draw system...I still remember fighting that evil bitch Ultima haha...
@ctk495
No doubt about it pal.

Around the Network
Goodfella said:

@The Anarchyz
FFVIII was nice despite the draw system...I still remember fighting that evil bitch Ultima haha...
@ctk495
No doubt about it pal.

Ohhh Ultimecia, one of the reasons why Dissidia: Final Fantasy is a must buy to me... That bitch was really wicked...

Its really hard to play old style RPGS (and other genres) now a days, your eyes start to hurt (Xenogears, Final Fantasy 8, Dragon Warrior 7, Ridge Racers etc especially look bad) If its hand drawn and sprites like Lunar, Tactics, Suikoden and arc the lad playable.

Most PS1 titles look great on the PSP screen, if not better.

Goodfella said:

@The Anarchyz

FFVIII's magic system was awesome in my view, key to it, don't rely on the 'draw' function. It was the 'Junction' system after all, use that. As soon as I can I make my GFs learn magic conversaion abilities to make my magic from items and crap I pick up in battles. I hardly ever draw magic later in the game, just make it.

PS1 games are awesome, most better then any games I've played this gen.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I've played quite a few, though not as of late. I've been trying to find Silent Hill 1 for a decent price, yet on Amazon it's still over something like $40. I would like to play Spyro 2 and 3 though since my interest has been re-ignited as of late. If you never got a chance to play Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete though, sad should you be.

Member #50 of the Sonic Support Squad! :P

I'm currently playing the 2nd half of Front Mission 3. I love my PS1 and my collection is still incomplete.

I have Lunar in my posession but I did not get past the loading screen:( It's on my list tho...one game per week:)

I am playing the following on my PSP

- Wild Arms (finished last week)
- Suikoden 2 (40 stars collected)
- Vandal Hearts 2
- Tactics Ogre
- Vanguard Bandits (4th mission)
- Legend of Dragoon (on the fourth CD)

I believe all of them look great. 2D games like suikoden generally look much better than 3D games. However, some 3D games look much better on the small PSP screen than on regualr TV. Legend of Dragoon in particular looks awesome on the PSP compared to my HDTV.

I still play the odd PS1 game on my PS3 but they really haven't aged well.